The past several days have been pretty rainy and dreary here. Anytime its cool outside, there is nothing I love more than a great cup of coffee, and a fantastic muffin to go with it! Muffins don’t get any better than these Triple Chocolate Muffins!
Dotted with semi-sweet and white chocolate chips on top and all throughout the muffin, these are a sweet treat first thing in the morning. I personally love a muffin as a snack along with said cup of coffee.
These muffins are really easy to make, and bake up pretty quickly. Made with a plentiful amount of sour cream, these stay really moist and delicious. Take these into a work meeting, or a get together with friends, and you’ll be loved forever!
I brought one of these muffins with me on the way to pick up my son from school as an after-school snack. Needless to say, it was gone well before we even got home!! Definitely kid-tested and approved!
Here’s how they come together:
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ⅓ c. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp.
- ½ c. white chocolate chips + 2 tbsp.
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ c. sour cream
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin using baking spray, or line cups with cupcake liners. Set pan aside.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda. Add ½ cup of the semi sweet and white chocolate chips. Stir to incorporate. (Reserve the final 2 Tbsp of white and semi sweet chocolate chips for topping the muffins at the end.)
- In a second bowl, gently whisk together eggs, sour cream, brown sugar and melted butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Batter will be thick, fluffy and slightly sticky.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Top each muffin with the remaining semi sweet and white chocolate chips. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was adapted in part from the cookbook Mmmm…Chocolate by Parragon Press. You can purchase this cookbook at Barnes and Noble here.
These muffins really are fantastic! I hope you get to enjoy one (or two!) soon.