I don’t know about you, but I really can’t get through the day without a good snack. Especially mid-morning and mid-afternoon when its still a couple hours from the next meal. I just want a little something to tide me over until lunch or dinner. I also like a little something to give me a bit of energy when my butt is dragging! (Pardon my phrasing, but its the best way to describe it.) 🙂 These Cranberry Almond Energy Bites are the perfect solution for the mid-day snack!
These snack bites are made with little morsels of goodness that create a rather healthy snack. Pureed almonds, oatmeal, maple syrup and almond butter along with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips come together for an excellent bite-sized treat. They have the taste and texture of oatmeal cookie dough, but without the loades of extra sugar and calories. (Don’t ask me how I know what oatmeal cookie dough tastes like. I would argue its better than chocolate chip cookie dough. I digress.) 😉
I’ve also come to discover these are an excellent on-the-go snack. I’ll grab a little container of these and throw ’em in my purse, or in my son’s lunch box. Great for a little something to take in the car when running errands, or on a road-trip. Because lets be honest, convenience store snacks are not only terrible for ya, but they don’t taste that great either!
These are also a great pre or post workout snack, perfect for re-fueling after a run or your favorite gym class.
- 1½ c. almonds, finely ground
- 1½ c. rolled oats (old fashioned)
- ⅔ c. almond butter (like Justin's All Natural)
- ⅔ c. maple syrup
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In a food processor or blender, blend/puree the almonds until the become finely ground - they will look like sand. In a mixing bowl, add the ground almonds, and remaining ingredients. Stir until all are thoroughly combined. Mixture will be sticky. Using a tablespoon or medium ice cream scoop, spoon out individual bites and roll with hands.
- Ready to eat right away. Refrigerate and freeze well. Refrigerate for up to one week. Makes about three dozen bites.
As you can see by the recipe, these are super-easy to make and come together well. This is an excellent snack to make with your kids – its okay if they sneak some of the batter. Since its no-bake, its all good! 😉 These would also be perfect after-school snacks, or something you can have ready to go for a play-date.