I received free product and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions, recipe and photos are 100% my own.
This Thai Peanut Pasta with Shrimp is a healthy, easy, delicious dinner solution for any night of the week! Angel Hair pasta is tossed with fresh veggies, tender shrimp, a delicious Thai peanut sauce, and topped with crunchy peanuts to make a delicious meal. This pasta dish will be a new favorite with your family!
If your family is like mine then you’re always on the look-out for easy, healthy, delicious pasta dishes. This Thai Peanut Pasta with Shrimp is one of our new favorites! My boys LOVE pasta, and if it were up to them, we would have pasta at every meal. Thanks to Dreamfields Pasta, this Thai Peanut Pasta with Shrimp is a healthy Stovetop Savior that is perfect for any night of the week!
Dreamfields pasta is amazing, as it provides 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein per serving! Along with the shrimp, and fresh veggies this dish is the perfect, healthy one-pot meal to serve your family. My son was especially excited about the colorful carrots, pea pods and red peppers, which he gobbled up right along with the pasta. Tasty and kid-friendly – it doesn’t get much better than that!
Everything in this pasta dish comes together so beautifully to create the perfect bite! The pasta cooks quickly and easily, and is tender and delicious. The carrots, red peppers and sugar snap peas add a fantastic color and texture along with the shrimp. The sauce is also pretty fantastic – made with a few traditional Thai ingredients, it has a hint of ginger, and a bit of spicy to bring it all together!
This Thai Peanut Pasta with Shrimp is such a great Stove top Savior. Here’s how easily it comes together:
- 1 (13.25 oz.) box, Dreamfields Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 c. red peppers, matchstick pieces (julienne cut)
- 1 c. carrots, matchstick pieces (julienne cut)
- 1 c. sugar snap peas (in the pods)
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp, thawed (uncooked, peeled and de-veined)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. chicken stock, low sodium
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. chili sauce (like Sriracha)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger root
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- In a large stock pot, begin boiling pasta water. In a large skillet, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and saute the shrimp just until turning pink (about 3-4 minutes), and promptly remove from skillet to a separate bowl. Add the other 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and saute the peppers, carrots and peas for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and place in bowl with shrimp, keeping warm.
- Once water is boiling, add angel hair, and cook just to al-dente, about 4 minutes. While pasta cooks, prepare sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients (peanut butter, stock, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chili sauce, ginger and salt) and whisk together well.
- Once pasta is done cooking, transfer it to the large skillet, and pour sauce over it. Toss. Add the shrimp and vegetables and toss. Serve immediately, as the sauce will absorb into the pasta right away. Enjoy!
As you can see, this is such a great dish, and a fun way to incorporate fresh, delicious ingredients into an already fabulous pasta!
I hope you and your family enjoy this Stove top Savior as much as we have!