This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetSquad #CollectiveBias
Cereal treats brought to a whole new glorious level! These Candy Bar Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats are loaded with SNICKERS® Crisper bars, gooey caramel, all between layers of marshmallow cereal treats and topped with a thick layer of chocolate! These bars are the ultimate game time treat!
If you and your crew like a great treat perfect for watching your favorite football team, you’ve come to the right place. My family and I are big-time football fans. There is football on in our house from the moment pre-season games are televised in August, all the way through to the playoffs in January and February. We love both college and pro games, and with all that football watching, great football food is a must! Having a great sweet treat like my Candy Bar Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats is perfect for enjoying all season long!
As always, Walmart is our headquarters for anything and everything football food related. I made sure to swing by the candy aisle and pick up a package of these yummy SNICKERS® Crisper Bars, which will be the center star in my delicious cereal treats. These SNICKERS® Crisper Bars are a crunchy twist on the original SNICKERS® Bar. They’re a delicious combination of crisped rice and peanuts topped with a layer of caramel and coated in creamy milk chocolate. They’re the perfect crispy candy bar to add to a rice krispie treat!
To make these fun, and simple stuffed cereal treats, you’ll begin with layer of cereal treats in the bottom of a 9 x 9″ pan that has been lined with aluminum foil. You’ll then top this cereal treat layer with a layer of melted caramel. Next, you’ll add 9 of the SNICKERS® Crisper Bars into the caramel layer. (Pay special attention to placing the squares evenly into the pan. Once you cut the bars, each square will have a SNICKERS® Crisper Bar in the middle, which will then be cut to show the bar in the center.)
Next you’ll add another layer of cereal treats to cover the top of the candy bar layer. Lastly, you’ll then top the cereal treat layer with a delicious layer of chocolate, making an amazing dessert bar! Refrigerate these bars until the chocolate has set and cooled. This will help cutting the bars neatly and evenly.
As you can see, you’ll slice the bars into 9 even squares. Then, slice each square diagonally. You’ll have 18 gorgeous Candy Bar Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats perfect for enjoying for the big game!
Not only are these bars great for watching football at home, they’re fantastic for packing up and taking for a tailgate party. Everyone will love a sweet treat perfect for cheering on your favorite team!
Here’s the recipe for these delicious Candy Bar Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats:
- 40 marshmallows (regular size)
- 6 c. krispie rice cereal
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (11 oz.) pkg, caramels
- 9 Fun Sized SNICKERS® Crisper Bars
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. cream
- Line a 9 x 9" pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with non-stick baking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Add 20 marshmallows and microwave for about 1 min and 30 seconds. Stir. Add 3 cups of the cereal. Combine and stir with a rubber scraper until combined. Press the cereal mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels according to package directions (you may need to add 2 Tbsp. of water to the caramels.) Stir until completely melted. Pour the melted caramel over the top of the cereal treat layer.
- Unwrap 9 of the Fun Sized SNICKERS® Crisper Bars, and place evenly into the pan (see photos above). Press the bars into the caramel layer firmly.
- Prepare the second layer of cereal treats (using the same method for the first layer.) Press the cereal onto the top of the candy bar layer evenly.
- To prepare the chocolate topping, add the chocolate chips into a bowl. Heat the cream until nearly boiling. (You can do this in the microwave in a glass measuring cup.) Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips, and stir until completely smooth and melted. Pour over the top layer of cereal treats.
- Refrigerate the bars until the chocolate is completely set. Remove the bars from the pan by lifting out with the sides of the aluminum foil. Slice into 9 even squares, and then cut the squares diagonally.
It is very helpful to divide the marshmallows, cereal and butter into two separate batches of cereal treats. (20 marshmallows, 3 c. cereal and 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter) If you make the cereal treats in one large batch, it is very hard to divide, and the second batch that you add to the top becomes tough and difficult to shape to the top of the bars.
Do you have a great game-time treat that you love sharing with family and friends? Make sure to check out Walmart for SNICKERS® Crisper Bars!