The BEST Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Recipe
Looking for a healthy chicken salad recipe? My Greek yogurt chicken salad recipe is flavorful, crisp and completely delicious. Made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo, this chicken salad is much healthier than anything store-bought!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Easy & Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
Most fast-food and store-bought chicken salad recipes are made with loads of mayonnaise, making them rather unhealthy. Now, you can make your favorite on the healthier side and keep all the flavor and freshness!
Much like my Greek yogurt tuna salad and Healthy Egg Salad recipes, this healthy chicken salad recipe is made with Greek yogurt. A great alternative to mayo, which is loaded with unhealthy, toxic mega-transfat oils. This chicken salad also has yummy grapes, mandarin oranges and crisp almonds, making super flavorful and delicious!
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your HEALTHY RECIPES board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
How do I make healthy chicken salad?
To make chicken salad healthy, start by substituting the mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt. It is a much healthier base and doesn’t contain mega-transfat or unhealthy oils.
To the Greek yogurt, add cooked, diced chicken, lemon juice, garlic salt, green onions and diced celery and stir together to coat. Add in halved red grapes, mandarin oranges and sliced almonds. These are all optional add-in’s but really add to the flavor and texture of the chicken salad.
How many calories in chicken salad with Greek yogurt?
For this Greek Yogurt chicken salad, there are 224 calories, 19 grams of protein, 11 carbs and 13 grams of fat. This recipe makes 6 servings.
What chicken should I use for chicken salad?
I use and recommend Costco’s pre-cooked hand-pulled rotisserie chicken breast meat. It is wonderfully convenient and a great time-saver. You can also roast chicken breasts in the oven. Check out my tutorial for How to Bake Chicken at Food.com.
Are you looking for more Costco meal prep ideas? Check out my post for Things I Buy at Costco for Healthy Meals and Snacks.
Love the convenience of cooking with rotisserie chicken? Check out my other recipes that use precooked chicken:
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Kale Apple Salad
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Healthy Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Cheese Soup
How do I make Greek yogurt chicken salad?
Start by mixing together the yogurt, cooked chicken, lemon juice, diced celery, green onions, and garlic salt. Stir well to coat.
Next, add in the halved grapes, sliced almonds and mandarin oranges. These ingredients are optional but really lend to the flavor and consistency of the chicken salad.
How long does chicken salad last?
Chicken salad will last up to 5 days stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated.
Can I lose weight eating chicken salad?
Yes, but only if you make your own healthier chicken salad. Here are some tips to making healthy chicken salad:
- Use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise as your base.
- Instead of heavy breads or croissants, enjoy your healthy chicken salad on rice cakes, low-carb wraps or in lettuce wraps.
- Measure your serving of chicken salad. A serving is 1 cup.
Is store bought chicken salad healthy?
Typically, store-bought and fast-food chicken salad is not healthy. In fact, chicken salad can be one of the more calorie-heavy items on the menu. This is because they are made with large, unhealthy amounts of mayonnaise and served in calorie-heavy breads.
What can I eat with chicken salad?
You can enjoy chicken salad with many foods. Here are a few ideas:
- On rice cakes
- In lettuce wraps
- Low-carb wraps, I like La Banderita low-carb wraps
- In an avocado
- On celery sticks
- Cucumber slices
- On a slice of Seven-grain bread
If you loved this Healthy Chicken Salad recipe, check out some of my other similar recipes:
- Cranberry Turkey Roll Ups
- Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip
- Healthy Caesar Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe with Chicken
Here’s the recipe for my Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad:
- 3 c. cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1/4 c. diced green onions (about 2 medium green onions)
- 1 c. red grapes, halved
- 1/2 c. mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the chicken, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, celery and green onions. Stir together until well coated.
- Fold in the grapes, oranges and sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to 5 days.
Will make approximately 6 - 1 cup servings.