Happy National Homemade Cookie Day, everyone!! To celebrate this day of sweet indulgence, why not give this Monster Cookies a try? These are probably my favorite cookie. They have everything – peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, M&M’s and Reese’s Pieces. To me any sweet treat that combines chocolate and peanut butter is top notch in my book!
This recipe has been around for some time – the original author is my Grandma LaDene. Her recipe actually makes double what I normally make, and so there would be dozens of cookies for everyone to enjoy. This recipe still makes about 2 dozen large cookies, which is great for satisfying even the most ferocious sweet tooth. Thank you, Grandma LaDene, for this great recipe. Not only has it withstood the test of time, but it has provided for great memories made.
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 1/2 c. quick oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. plain or peanut M&M candies
- 1 c. Reese's Pieces candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Stir in peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla until completely combined.
- In separate bowl, mix together oatmeal, salt and baking soda. Gradually add oatmeal mixture to wet mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- For big cookies, use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop batter. Press down and add 8-10 M&M's and Reece's Pieces to the top of the cookie. For a standard cookie sheet, only scoop and form 6 cookies per sheet to allow for even baking. For larger cookies, bake at 350 for 12 minutes. For smaller cookies, spoon batter on to cookie sheet, and add candies. Twelve cookies will fit and bake evenly on a standard cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350.
- Cool cookies on rack for a few minutes after baking. Enjoy with a nice tall glass of milk!