Looking for a new way to cook chicken breasts? This flavorful, delicious Honey Dijon Chicken is an amazing option. Made in one pan, this easy honey mustard chicken recipe comes together quickly with ingredients you likely already have in your fridge and pantry.
This post first appeared on My Dinner Recipes where I am a contributor.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you love cooking with chicken breasts, this easy, delicious baked chicken recipe will quickly become a favorite. Made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, this honey Dijon chicken can be made all in one pan with just a few simple steps.
The honey mustard sauce adds some wonderful flavor to the chicken without overpowering or becoming overly heavy. Paired with your favorite potatoes and vegetables, this easy chicken breast recipe is perfect to add to your dinner rotation.
What do I need to make Dijon chicken?
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Olive oil – this is for browning the chicken in the skillet before it goes into the oven.
- Garlic salt – chicken seasoning
- Onion powder – chicken seasoning
- Paprika – chicken seasoning
- Ground pepper – chicken seasoning
- Dijon mustard – like Grey Poupon or other comparable brand.
- Whole grain Dijon mustard – this is made with whole grain mustard seeds and offers a great flavor and texture to the chicken.
- Honey – adds the perfect amount of sweetness to balance the mustard flavors.
- Apple cider vinegar – the perfect acidity to bring this mustard sauce balance and amazing flavor.
- Garlic – a great compliment to the mustard adding flavor to the sauce.
- Soy sauce – low-sodium soy sauce or liquid soy aminos are both great options.
- Fresh rosemary sprigs – this add a wonderful flavor to the sauce. The aroma while roasting is also very fragrant!
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make honey Dijon chicken?
Start by mixing the honey Dijon sauce. Combine the mustards, honey, garlic, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl. You’ll want to have this ready to go before prepping and searing the chicken.
Prep and season the chicken breasts. To get a nice sear on the chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towels. Then, add the seasoning (garlic salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper).
In a cast-iron skillet or any oven-safe skillet, sear both sides of the chicken breasts 1-2 minutes per side. Searing the outside of the chicken helps create a savory outer crust and also helps keep the chicken moist when baked.
Once the chicken has seared on each side, remove from heat. Then, pour the prepared mustard sauce over the top of the chicken breasts. Add in the fresh rosemary sprigs to the pan.
Bake the chicken uncovered. While the chicken bakes, the sauce will thicken slightly and the rosemary will add amazing flavor and fragrance to the dish.
Love a deliciously seasoned chicken recipe? Try my Air Fryer Drumsticks recipe, which includes a simple, delicious chicken seasoning, perfect for chicken legs, thighs and breasts.
What do you serve with Dijon chicken?
Dijon chicken is great served with mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, rice, buttered egg noodles, roasted carrots, sauteed green beans or any other steamed vegetables.
Here are some great side dish recipes that would go perfectly with this honey mustard chicken recipe:
Frequently asked questions about making honey Dijon chicken:
For thicker boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8-10 oz.) they will need 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. For a thinner, cutlet they will need less time – approximately 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. For best results, use an instant read digital meat thermometer. Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees, it is done.
For honey mustard sauce that is cooked in a honey mustard chicken recipe, it is made of Dijon and whole grain mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic and soy sauce.
Honey mustard is great paired with chicken, chicken tenders and chicken nuggets. It also makes a great dressing for a salad with grilled chicken and can even be used as a dipping sauce for fresh vegetables.
In addition to chicken breasts, you can also use thighs (bone-in or boneless), quarters, legs, wings or even a whole chicken. Bake times will vary depending on the cut of meat being used.
If you loved this honey mustard chicken recipe, check out some of these other baked chicken ideas:
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 medium chicken breasts)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 4-5 sprigs, fresh rosemary for the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey mustard sauce. Add in the honey, vinegar, whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, garlic and soy sauce. Whisk together well until the honey is dissolved into the rest of the sauce. Set sauce aside.
- Prepare the chicken breasts. Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. In a small bowl combine the chicken seasoning; garlic salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- To a cast-iron skillet, or any other oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Sear the chicken breasts on each side for just 1-2 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat.
- To the seared chicken in the pan, pour the mustard sauce over the top of the chicken. Add in the sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with the pan sauce.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Kept refrigerated, chicken will last for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 951mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 54g