Looking for an easy, delicious no bake pumpkin pie recipe? This simple, delicious no bake pumpkin pie cheesecake is fantastic for your holiday dinner. Made with a ginger snap crust, this creamy no bake dessert tastes amazing!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you craving pumpkin pie but don’t want to add baking to the list of things to do? This simple, delicious no bake pumpkin pie recipe is the perfect option!
This delicious dessert has the consistency of pumpkin cheesecake without all the work. It’s made with a flavorful gingersnap crust, giving it that extra special flavor.
What do I need to make no bake pumpkin pie?
For the crust:
- Ginger snap cookies – these add some wonderful flavor that goes perfect with the pumpkin filling. If Ginger snaps are unavailable you can also use graham crackers (cinnamon or regular) or Nilla wafers.
For the pumpkin filling:
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated sugar – if you’re watching your sugar intake, you could also use granular monkfruit sweetener.
- Pumpkin puree – look for 100% pumpkin, and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Cool whip – you can also use my Homemade Cool Whip, if you prefer to make your own.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make a ginger snap crust?
Making a ginger snap crust for your no bake pumpkin pie is quite simple. In a blender or food processor, add the ginger snap cookies and pulse until they are crushed into crumbs.
Turn out the crumbs into your pie plate, then add melted butter and sugar. Mix together until all the crumbs are moistened. Then, press the crumb mixture into the sides and bottom of the pie plate.
I recommend placing the crust in the freezer while you make your pumpkin filling. This will allow the crust to set-up, harden and form to the plie plate, creating a crust that holds its shape.
How do I make no bake pumpkin pie cheesecake filling?
To make the filling, start with room temperature cream cheese. Making sure your cream cheese is room temperature ensures you won’t have a lumpy filling.
Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese with the sugar. Then add the vanilla, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together until creamy and smooth.
Using a rubber scraper, gently fold in the Cool Whip. Mix together until the filling is well incorporated.
If you loved this no bake pumpkin pie recipe, check out some of my other popular no bake desserts and pies:
Spoon the filling into the chilled crust, and spread it evenly to the edges. Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, or overnight. This will allow the filling to firm up and hold its shape when sliced.
Just before slicing, top with whipped cream or additional Cool Whip, if desired. Piping the whipped cream along the edges of the crust and/or the center of each slice adds a very pretty garnish to the pie.
Frequently asked questions about making no bake pumpkin pie cheesecake:
No bake pumpkin pie will keep for up to 5 days, refrigerated and covered with plastic wrap.
Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. When folding in the whipped cream to the other filling ingredients, be extra gentle. If you can, try to use a stabilized whipped cream recipe.
It is best to refrigerate no bake desserts at least 2 hours prior to slicing and serving. This allows the filling and crust to become firm and set-up.
This can be due to a number of reasons. First, has the dessert had enough time to refrigerate and set up? Refrigerate the dessert for a minimum of 2 hours prior to slicing. Also, make sure you are using stabilized whipped cream or whipped topping for your filling.
When making a cookie or graham cracker crust for a no bake pumpkin pie or any other no bake dessert, first make sure all of the crumbs are fully incorporated and moistened with butter. This will help the crumbs stick together and to the sides and bottom of the pan or pie plate. Also, firmly pressing the crumbs (try using the bottom of a measuring cup) allows the crust to stick together well. Lastly, we recommend placing the crust in the freezer to help firm up prior to adding the filling.
If you loved this no bake pumpkin pie recipe, check out some of these other delicious pumpkin treats:
Looking for some other dessert inspiration for your holiday dinner? Here are some amazing holiday dessert ideas:
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie with Meringue
- Apple Pie Tarts
- Cherry Almond Crumble Tart
- Blueberry Tarts
- Apple Cider Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake
Ginger Snap Crust:
- 35 ginger snap cookies, crushed
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar (or granular monk fruit sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar (or granular monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 c. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) carton, Cool Whip, thawed, plus more for topping, if desired (you can also use Homemade Cool Whip)
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse the ginger snap cookies into crumbs. Pour out the crumbs into a 9" pie plate or pan. To the crumbs, add the melted butter and 6 tablespoons of sugar. Mix well with a fork until the crumbs are completely moistened. Firmly press the crumb mixture to the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Place the prepared crust in the freezer while you make the pumpkin filling.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the room temperature cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar. Add in the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Using a rubber scraper, fold in the Cool Whip, (or my Homemade Cool Whip recipe) to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the chilled crust. Using a rubber scraper or off-set spatula, evenly smooth the filling into the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours or overnight. (If preparing this dessert for a holiday meal, it's helpful to make this dessert the day before, so it has adequate time to firm up before slicing.)
- If desired, top with additional whipped topping or whipped cream. Slice and serve.
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap. Leftovers will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g