OREO Ice Cream Pie – your new favorite Ice Cream Dessert!
Meet your new favorite ice cream dessert! This delicious and simple Oreo Ice Cream Pie recipe is made with an OREO cookie crust, no-churn ice cream, a hot fudge center and topped with even more OREO’s. Cool, creamy, decadent and delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As a food blogger, there is something about OREO cookies that makes me want to add them to everything. That’s how this OREO Ice Cream Pie recipe came to be. From dessert crusts, to fillings and ice cream, and even to a fluff salad. As if these simple little sandwich cookies weren’t as good as they were on their own, OREO’s have their own categories in Pinterest for all the stuff you can make with them. It’s pretty impressive, I have to say.
This simple, delicious OREO Ice Cream Pie is one of the most delicious ice cream desserts I’ve ever made, (and I make A LOT of dessert!) With the crisp cookie crust, layered with hot fudge, to the creamy OREO filled ice cream, topped with whipped topping and more OREO’s, this ice cream dessert is basically an OREO lovers dream come true!
Here’s how this wonderful OREO Ice Cream Pie recipe comes together:
Step 1: Start with the Crust
For the OREO crust, you’ll need about 18 regular OREO’s. You can use “double-stuffed” Oreo’s if you like, but be sure to note that there are less cookies in a double-stuffed package, so you will need to purchase a second package for this recipe. (You’ll need more Oreo’s for the ice cream, and then for the topping.)
To make the crust, simply place the 18 Oreo’s in a food processor, and process until crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse a few more times until the crumbs and butter combine. Pour the crumb mixture out into a pie plate or pan, and press firmly to the edges and bottom of the pan. Freeze the crust to help it firm up. (This can be done while you make the ice cream.)
Step 2: Make the Ice Cream for the OREO ice cream pie
This ice cream recipe is a very simple one. No need for an ice cream maker. All you’ll need is sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and a hand or stand mixer to do the mixing.
Simply place the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and cream in a mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed for 4-4 1/2 minutes. The mixture will begin to thicken, and firm up slightly. At this point, you’ll want to stop the mixer. I made the mistake of over-mixing this ice cream recipe, and ended up turning the cream into butter, as little bits of butter began to form in the cream. The texture of the ice cream was ruined. DON’T OVERMIX!
Once the cream has firmed up, you can then fold in the OREO cookie pieces.
Step 3: Add the hot fudge and ice cream to the crust
Pull your chilled crust out of the freezer. Add a layer of hot fudge to the bottom of the crust, and spread evenly.
On top of the hot fudge layer, add the ice cream mixture and spread evenly. Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours or until very firm.
Step 4: Slice and Serve
Just before serving this delicious OREO ice cream pie, top it with some whipped topping, and the reserved OREO’s for garnish. This makes a rather large pie, and it will serve at least 8 large slices, if not more. Feel free to serve with an additional drizzle of hot fudge or chocolate sauce for good measure.
This ice cream pie is fantastic for just about any occasion. It’s perfect for summer, when a cold treat is refreshing. It’s also great for parties or birthdays, or for anyone that’s an OREO lover!
If you loved this delicious Oreo Ice Cream Pie, be sure to check out some of my other similar desserts:
Here’s the easy recipe for my Oreo Ice Cream Pie recipe:
- 18-20 OREO sandwich cookies, crushed
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
Ice Cream filling:
- 1 (14 oz.) can, sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. OREO cookies, quartered
- 1/2 c. hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8-10 OREO cookies
- In a food processor, crush about 18-20 cookies, until cookies turn into crumbs. Add the melted butter, and pulse a few more times for the butter to mix into the crumbs. Pour out into a 9.5" pie plate. Press the crumbs firmly into the sides and bottom of the pie plate to make a crust. Place crust in freezer to firm up.
- With a hand or stand mixer, begin whipping together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and cream. Mix for approximately 4 minutes, or until the mixture begins to form soft peaks. NOTE: Be careful not to overmix. 4-4 1/2 minutes is ideal. If mixed for too long, the cream will begin to turn into butter. Once cream has thickened, fold in the OREO pieces.
- To the prepared crust, pour an even layer of the hot fudge topping onto the bottom of the prepared crust. Spread evenly. Then, pour the ice cream mixture into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
- Just before serving, top with the whipped topping and additional OREO cookies. Slice and serve. Keep frozen any leftovers.
This recipe uses a (14.3 oz.) package of regular OREO cookies, divided within the crust, ice cream filling, and top topping/garnish. If you decide to use "double-stuffed" OREO's know that you will need to purchase two package of the Double Stuffed cookies, as there are less cookies in these packages.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 8 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 16gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g