Its the Monday after Thanksgiving, and I’m still in a bit of a food coma. We had family here over the holiday weekend, and still have some turkey to get through. A bit sick of looking at it, I decided that the holiday baking needs to commence. I wanted to try something new this year. After a few test batches, I think I’ve come up with the PERFECT chocolate/peppermint combo – Peppermint Bark Brownie Bites!
These brownie bites are very easy to make, as the recipe utilizes a brownie mix. Another key component is the Hershey’s Peppermint Bark Belles, which are sold at Target. The belles fit perfectly in the brownie cups, and make for a tasty little bite sized goodie.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is doing the baking. I tend to package up the goodies and take them to neighbors, my son’s school, and my husbands workplace. Many smiles come from people receiving the goodies, and it brings us much joy delivering them as well.
- 1 - Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix (including syrup pouch)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 pkg Hershey's Peppermint Bark Belles (found at Target)
- 1/2 c. white chocolate candy melts (like Wilton's)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix with the syrup pouch, water, oil, egg and peppermint extract. Fold together until completely combine and batter is smooth.
- Using two teaspoons, spoon batter into a mini muffin tin filling the cups to 3/4 full. Avoid overfilling the cups, as the batter can spill over the edges.
- Bake at 325 for 19-21 minutes. While baking, unwrap the peppermint bark bells.
- Once the brownies come out of the oven, push the belles into the hot brownies. Let set for 5-10 minutes. Using a butter knife, gently run around the edges and remove the brownies from the pan. While cooling, heat the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave for 30 second increments and stir to smooth. Drizzle over the brownie bites. Enjoy!
I hope these bring a smile to your face, and the faces that will be enjoying them. My sincere wishes to you and your family for a blessed holiday season!