Brownies are something I really, really love! I love them with ice cream. I love them plain, or with frosting. I love them cakey or fudgy – basically any way they are made. I especially love them with extra stuff in the batter, like these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Brownies. They are AMAZINGLY delicious, with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in the fudgy batter, and a decadent chocolate, peanut butter cream cheese frosting. Super-rich, these are perfect with a glass of milk!
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini's
- For Frosting:
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. Reese's Peanut Butter Chips (optional) for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the microwave, melt 1 stick butter and 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips; then stir until smooth. (30 second increments) Let cool, while in another bowl, beat the eggs and brown sugar until blended. Beat together the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. In separate container, combine flour and baking powder, and gradually add to the chocolate batter. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan. Spread batter evenly in the pan and bake at 350 for 33-35 minutes. Cool completely.
- For frosting, melt 1 c. chocolate chips, and 1/2 c. peanut butter in microwave on 30 second increments; stir until smooth. Add powdered sugar and stir until combined. Beat the cream cheese into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Frosting will take on a fluffy texture. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies.
- For optional peanut butter drizzle, melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 15 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Using a small zip top plastic bag, add melted peanut butter chips, and then cut the corner off the bag - very small cut will make a thinner drizzle. Go back and forth with the melted peanut butter chips over the chocolate frosting.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more before serving.
**This recipe was adapted and revised from the cookbook Taste of Home Bakeshop Favorites. To purchase this cookbook, go to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/taste-of-home-bake-shop-favorites-taste-of-home/1117164059?ean=9781617650932
When craving chocolate and peanut butter, these brownies will surely satisfy!