I don’t know too many people that don’t like chocolate. In fact, I’m not sure I know anyone that doesn’t love chocolate. Chocolate is one of those universal ingredients that can be used in a multitude of ways. My personal feeling is, more chocolate, the better!! This is precisely how these Rolo Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies came to be.
These cookies are nothing short of amazing! The fudgy, chocolaty dough is rolled in mini chocolate chips, and then stuffed with a Rolo candy. If you’re a caramel lover like me, you know that Rolo’s are filled with a buttery caramel – a nice little surprise when you bite into this delicious cookie.
These cookies come together easily. The dough is a simple chocolate cookie dough, and refrigerated after mixing. You then cut the dough evenly into cubes and roll into balls. Refrigerating the dough helps ensure the cookies keep a nice round shape while baking, and makes it easy to roll in the mini chocolate chips. The last thing you do is press a Rolo candy into the top of the ball just before baking. What comes out of the oven is pure bliss!
These are so good with a big glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. They’re fudgy, chewy and adorned with the perfect amount of chocolate chips. The Rolo in the center is the icing on the cake, as the caramel in the center is amazing! Served warm, these cookies are even better!
Here’s how these amazing little nuggets of goodness come together:
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick). room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 18-24 Rolo candies (1 per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until the dough is completely combined. Pour the dough out on a sheet of plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cut the refrigerated dough into 18-24 even cubes. With your hands roll the cubes into balls. Roll the balls in the mini chocolate chips and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Lastly, press a Rolo candy into the top of each ball. Bake for 9-10 minutes, and cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before removing the cookies from the sheet. Cool the cookies on a cooling rack, and store in and airtight container at room temperature.
These cookies are great for a fun treat at home, a classroom treat for kids or great for a bake sale goodie! Take these to a neighbor or in to your office, and you’ll be loved forever.
Weather you’re a hard-core chocolate lover, have an insatiable sweet tooth or just like the occasional sweet treat, these cookies are the perfect way to enjoy the wonderful goodness of chocolate! I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my family.