Fire up your grill, its time for ribs! These juicy, tender Sweet and Spicy Chipotle BBQ Ribs are smothered with an amazing Chipotle BBQ sauce and grilled to perfection. The ultimate in summer cookout food!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
With summer just around the corner, its time to fire up the grill! I’ve had my grill out several times already this spring – its such an amazingly easy and delicious way to get dinner on the table.
One of me and my husbands all-time favorite BBQ foods is Ribs! There’s something about a delicious rack of baby back ribs that’s perfect for kicking off the summer!
The BBQ sauce recipe I have is perfect on ribs! Although, I’ve also used it on chicken, and bone-in and pork loin chops. Making this sauce is very simple, and is just a matter of bringing all of the ingredients together in a saucepan, and simmering for about 20 minutes.
You can definitely make your sauce well in advance of grilling your ribs. In fact, I like to keeps a jar of this in my fridge, as it keeps for at least a week.
I include 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (pureed), however, if you like your sauce extra spicy, add the entire can! I’ve done it, and it makes for a really great (and spicy!) BBQ sauce!
Once your sauce is ready to go, its simply a matter of coating your rack of ribs with the sauce, and getting them on the grill. I put an initial coat of sauce on before putting them on the grill.
Once I flip, I’ll add another coating to each side. I’ll sear each side of the ribs on a medium-high heat for about 10 minutes per side. I’ll then reduce the heat to a medium low heat, move the ribs off the direct flame, and cook for another 10 minutes per side, for a total of about 40 minutes.
Once these ribs come off the grill, they’re tender, juicy and completely delicious! Let the ribs rest for a few minutes before cutting so the juices can be retained in the meat. It will be hard to resist digging in right away!
So tender, and juicy – you may want to eat an entire rack on your own!
Check out some of my other BBQ recipes:
- BBQ Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Honey Bourbon BBQ Pork Chops
- Homemade Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Smokehouse BBQ Burgers
- Smoky Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Here’s how these Sweet & Spicy Chipotle BBQ Ribs come together:
- 1 rack of Pork Loin Baby Back Ribs
- 2 (8 oz.) cans, tomato sauce
- 3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (comes in 7 oz. can), pureed
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For sauce, bring all of the ingredients together in a medium saucepan, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring often. Sauce can be used right away. Pour about 2 cups of sauce to use for brushing on the ribs, and refrigerate the remaining amount.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. For ribs, remove from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Brush all sides with the Chipotle BBQ sauce, and add to hot grill. Sear on each side for about 10 minutes. Brush with additional sauce after flipping. Reduce heat and move ribs to indirect heat of grill, and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes per side, brushing with sauce each time, for a total of 40 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let ribs rest for about 5 minutes before cutting to let juices settle into the meat. Enjoy!
It takes a few minutes, but the wait is completely worth it! So, are you fired up and ready to grill some ribs?
I hope you and your family have an amazing summer! Enjoy! ~Erin