With soft pears, crunchy pecans and a delicious cinnamon flavor, this Cinnamon Pear Quick Bread makes for a delightfully delicious snack. Moist, flavorful and topped with a cinnamon-pecan-brown sugar crumble, it will be your new favorite bread!
For the past several days here in Northern Virginia its been cold, rainy and windy. There is something about the cold, dreary weather that comes with fall that makes me want to bake. Perhaps its the craving for something warm and comforting, fresh out of the oven. Or maybe its the wonderful smells that waft through the house while the treat bakes to perfection. I decided that the thing I was craving the most was my delicious Cinnamon Pear Quick Bread!
I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious this bread is once it comes out of the oven. It’s made with fresh pears (right from my local farmers market!), pecans, and the perfect amount of spices to create the most wonderful bread. It’s topped with a sweet, cinnamon-pecan-brown sugar crumble, which adds the perfect amount of crunch to this delicious bread.
I made this bread in my mini loaf pan, which yields four loaves. However, you can also prepare it in a traditional 9×5 loaf pan making one large loaf. Either way, it bakes up beautifully!
Once you put this bread into the oven, prepare for your house to smell amazing! The cinnamon and spices in this bread create such a warm, enticing aroma. You’ll want to slice into this bread right away, and eat it warm. I definitely recommend doing so, and maybe with a little butter on each slice, as well!
Here’s how easily this Cinnamon Pear Quick Bread comes together:
- 1 c. fresh pears, peeled and diced
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. flour
- ¾ c. sugar
- ⅔ c. chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- For Crumble Topping:
- ⅓ c. chopped pecans
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- ⅓ c. butter
- ½ c. flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line (with parchment paper on bottoms) a 9x5 loaf pan, or 4 mini loaves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients (pears, eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla). Mix to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt). Gradually sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir the batter just until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Don't over mix, or you'll get large air bubbles in the bread. Mix the crumble topping, by combining the pecans, brown sugar, flour and butter together. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s). Evenly top with the crumble topping.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour (for 9x5 pan) until golden brown, and toothpick inserted comes out clean and free of crumbs. For four mini-loaves, bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm, and store leftovers in airtight container at room temperature.
If you’re baking with smaller loaf pans, its nice to have extra loaves to freeze for later. These are great to pull out of the freezer when you have friends join you for coffee, or want to bring in something to the office to share.
Is the fall weather inciting you to bake as well? If so, give this Cinnamon Pear Quick Bread a try. Its such a delicious treat!