Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies are the ultimately healthy treat with none of the guilt! These Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies are made with no refined sugar, flour or oil, just simple, good-for-you ingredients. These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are great for making and freezing for later, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies – the perfect Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies Recipe!
Do you love a chewy, delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, but don’t want it to completely ruin your healthy living progress? This 4-Ingredient Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies recipe is the perfect treat to enjoy without the guilt! Made with just ripe bananas, old fashioned oats, vanilla extract and sugar-free chocolate chips.
Here’s how to make these super easy, Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Like this recipe? Be sure to pin it to your COOKIES board!
Follow DelightfulEMade on Pinterest!
What do I need to make 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies?
Here’s what you’ll need to make these sugar free oatmeal cookies:
- Old Fashioned Oats (not instant, and not steel-cut)
- Ripe Bananas – you know the ones that have been sitting on your counter for almost a week. Yeah, those.
- Vanilla Extract
- Sugar-Free or Good Quality Chocolate Chips – I like these Dark Chocolate Baking Chips made by Lily’s.
Here are some other recipes where I use Lily’s Chocolate Chips:
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- No Bake Granola Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Banana Brownies
How do you make Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies from scratch?
These healthy banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are incredibly simple to make and come together in minutes? Here’s how to make them:
- Start by mashing the bananas, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the oatmeal to the mashed banana mixture, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Because the batter will be slightly wet, spoon the cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet, forming the cookies. You can either do this with spoons or your hands.
- Bake the cookies at 350 for about 14 minutes. Because these cookies have a higher moisture content, they take longer to bake than an average oatmeal cookie.
Forming the healthy banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:
As mentioned above, because of the high moisture content in the bananas, the cookie dough will be slightly wet. You can form the cookies a couple of ways; use spoons to place the dough on the cookie sheets, or use your hands to press and form the cookies.
How long do I bake banana oatmeal cookies?
Because of the higher moisture content in these cookies (you’ll notice the cookie dough will be wetter than the average cookie dough), they will need longer to bake.
After testing several batches, 14 minutes is nearly perfect for these cookies. They will cook through, yet still be chewy. These cookies won’t be crisp, unless you bake longer. I wouldn’t recommend baking longer, as they will dry out.
What other things can I add to these 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies?
These oatmeal cookies are wonderfully versatile, and can be made a multitude of ways. Here’s some other ideas for ingredients to stir in to the batter:
- Cranberries and white chocolate chips – look for no sugar added to keep ’em on the healthier side.
- Peanut Butter – Stirring in 1/2 cup of good quality crunchy or cream peanut butter is a flavor explosion!
- Unsweetened flake coconut and sliced almonds – 1/2 cup of each, and they’ll take on the flavor of an Almond Joy! Yumm!
Don’t have much time to make your own healthy snacks? Check out my list of the 30 Best Healthy Target Snacks. These are fantastic healthy snack ideas that you can grab and go when shopping at Target.
If you loved this Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies Recipe, check out some of my other healthy snack recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- Cranberry No Bake Energy Bites
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- The BEST Monster Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Fudge Brownie Protein Bites
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Cherry Almond Breakfast Cookies at Real Housemoms
Here’s the recipe for the 4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies:
4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Mixing Bowls These stainless steel mixing bowls are an essential cooking tool for every kitchen.
- Rubber Scrapers These Cuisinart rubber scraper spatulas are fantastic for fillings, batters, and so much more!
- Silicone Baking Mat Perfect for lining your cookie sheets, these silicone baking mats are great for evenly baking cookies, and cookies NEVER stick!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or a sheet of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas well. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the oats and chocolate chips and stir until completely combined. Cookie dough will be slightly wet.
- The cookie dough won’t have the same consistency as regular cookie dough, so form the cookies by spooning the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet. Pat together and form with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Freeze or refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.