This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Home baked gifts are thoughtful and heartwarming. Not only can you give your friends and neighbors delicious treats for the holidays, you can save money in the process! These Almond Coconut Brownie Bites are the perfect gift that’s delicious and beautiful! #TasteTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Once the month of December rolls around, I begin to thing about what I want to give my friends and neighbors for Christmas. I can’t afford to give everyone extravagant gifts, so what I usually like to do is bake up some special treats to show everyone how much we appreciate their friendship. This year I created these gorgeous, and uber delicious Almond Coconut Brownie Bites!
These delicious little mini-brownies are the perfect treat to package up and give to friends, neighbors and coworkers. They’re topped with an amazing coconut-cream cheese frosting, an almond and drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate. They look like you ordered them from a gourmet bakery, but in actuality, they’re easy to make and affordable enough to give to everyone you know!
Everything you need to make these fantastic edible gifts is at your neighborhood Walmart. Walmart carries all of the fantastic Kraft Foods that we know and love. To make these Almond Coconut Brownie Bites I used Baker’s Coconut and Baker’s Chocolate. These items can be found in the Grocery section, within the baking aisle.
I also included Philadelphia Cream Cheese to make the delicious coconut-cream cheese frosting, and topped the frosting with a crunchy Planters almond. The Philadelphia Cream Cheese can be found in the dairy section and the Planters Almond are found in the snack aisle at Walmart.
Kraft and Walmart have teamed up to bring you Cooking Up Good website , perfect for times when you could use some inspiration in the kitchen. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
While you’re at Walmart, be sure to stop by their holiday section! Its stocked with some really great gift packages, decorative boxes and baskets, and everything you may need to put together your holiday gifts. I found some adorable snowflake gift baskets that will be perfect for gifting my Almond Coconut Brownie Bites to my friends and neighbors!
Once you have your ingredients, these Almond Coconut Brownie Bites come together in no time! The brownie bites actually start off with a brownie mix, which really helps make the base for these mini desserts easy and fool-proof. As you can see from my photos above, once my batter is mixed, I line a mini-muffin tin with mini-liners, and use an ice cream scoop to divide out the batter. The cups will be about 3/4 full. Once they’ve baked, let the brownies cool before frosting.
When cooled, add a tablespoon sized dollop of the coconut-cream cheese frosting, and top with a Planters Almond. From here, melt the Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate and drizzle over the tops of the brownie bites. Not only do these babies taste fabulous, they look beautiful! You’ll fool your friends into thinking these gorgeous treats came from a gourmet bakery!
When drizzling the chocolate, I simply melted it in the microwave, and added the melted chocolate to a zip-lock bag. I cut the tip off the end of the bag and simply squeezed out the chocolate. I’ve had much success with this method, as you get much better control of the chocolate. It comes out in a nice, even stream.
Here’s the recipe for these delectable Almond Coconut Brownie Bites:
- 1 (15.25 oz) brownie mix
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. (1/2 brick) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbsp.) butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 c. Baker's Coconut
- Planters Almonds (about 24 almonds)
- 1 (4 oz.) bar, Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with mini- cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Mix batter by combining brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Mix until all ingredients are combine and batter is smooth. Scoop or spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Cups will be about 3/4 full. Bake for 19-21 minutes. Remove from oven and let brownies cool completely.
- For frosting, let cream cheese and butter come to room temperature (set out for at least 30 minutes.) Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until combined. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Gradually add the sugar until completely incorporated, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the coconut, and mix until combined.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of frosting on to each of the brownies. Top each with an almond. Melt the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Add the melted chocolate to a zip-lock bag, and cut the tip of the bag. Squeeze out the chocolate and drizzle the brownie bites with the chocolate. Let cool before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
I can’t wait to surprise my friends with these delicious Almond Coconut Brownie Bites! They were really fun to make, and they look so beautiful. Giving home baked gifts, especially during the holidays, is a wonderful way to show appreciation to those you love. Wrap these up with some pretty ribbon, add a tag and you have a beautiful, home made gift that is sure to please everyone in your life!
Enjoy making these Almond Coconut Brownie Bites for your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers!