Do you love ordering a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino at Starbucks? You can make this yummy, chocolatey treat at home in just a few minutes with simple, easy ingredients. This Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappuccino recipe can be made as a skinny or a classic just-like-Starbucks versions.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Does the cost of paying $4+ every time you walk into Starbucks have you a bit turned off? Why not start making your own Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino at home?
With simple ingredients and just a few minutes you can make this delicious frappuccino recipe at home saving yourself time and money. I’ll also give you some simple ingredient swaps to make a skinny frappuccino if you’re looking to save some calories, too!
What do I need to make a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino?
- Milk – you can use either dairy or plant-based milk.
- Cold Brew Coffee – I like using cold brew as its more convenient than brewing coffee and then waiting for it to cool. You can also use a freshly brewed shot of espresso.
- Chocolate syrup – this really increases the chocolate flavor. You can also add it to the outer edge of your glass to mimic a classic Starbucks frappuccino recipe.
- Chocolate chips – you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- Chocolate sandwich cookies – everyone’s favorite OREO’s are ideal. Of course, you can also use store brand.
- Ice – as with all frappuccino recipes, you’ll need ice to blend everything together into a frozen drink.
- Whipped Cream – I like to use my Homemade Cool Whip recipe to top drinks like this frappuccino. No unhealthy oils or high fructose corn syrup, unlike the store-bought stuff.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make a Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappuccino recipe?
- Making a frappuccino at home is quite simple. To a blender jar, add the ice, coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips and cookies.
- Blend on medium-high speed for 45-60 seconds or until the ice is completely pureed and smooth.
- Want to mimic how Starbucks serves their frappuccino? Run a line of chocolate syrup on the inside of your glass. Then, pour your frappuccino into the prepared glass.
- Top your drink with whipped cream and another drizzle of chocolate syrup or cookie crumbles. Enjoy right away while cold.
This is the Blender I use almost DAILY! Everything from smoothies, to cocktails, to waffle and muffin batter and even nut butter, this ultrapowerful blender creates an amazing puree every time. It’s very durable and made to last!
How do I make a skinny mocha cookie crumble frappuccino recipe?
- Swap the milk – instead of whole milk, use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a no-sugar vanilla yogurt. You’ll still have a creamy base, but without the calories and fat.
- Swap the chocolate syrup – instead of chocolate syrup, use unsweetened cocoa powder and a granular monk fruit sweetener, like Whole Earth. You’ll get the chocolate flavor and sweetness, but without all the calories from the sugar.
- Swap the chocolate chips – instead of regular chocolate chips, use Lily’s No Sugar Added chocolate chips. These are fantastic and will still give you a great chocolate flavor for less calories.
- Use less OREO’s – Instead of 4-5 OREO’s for a regular mocha cookie crumble, use one or two. You’ll get the same cookie flavor and texture, but less calories.
- Use light whipped cream – using a light whipped cream like Redi-Whip light will help save on calories and fat, but still give you that creamy texture.
For exact ingredient amounts for the skinny recipe, be sure to scroll down to the recipe at the bottom of the post. Thanks!
Frequently asked questions about making a frappuccino at home:
The mocha cookie crumble frappuccino tastes like a chocolate OREO milkshake with coffee. Very delicious, sweet and decadent!
Yes, a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino contains coffee.
Yes, because this frappuccino contains coffee, it also contains caffeine. The mocha cookie crumble frappuccino contains 105 mg of caffeine.
For a grande, medium 16 oz mocha cookie crumble frappuccino, contains 490 calories, 22 g of fat and 63 grams of sugar.
The ingredients in a Starbucks mocha cookie crumble frappuccino are ice, milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, coffee, mocha sauce, frappuccino chips, cookie crumbs, chocolate cookie grind topping and whipped cream.
Want to make both coffee AND espresso at home? This is the machine I use and LOVE. The fresh espresso is amazing and the brewed coffee tastes equally fantastic. I highly recommend!
Love making Starbucks drinks at home? Check out my Iced Caramel Latte, Iced Vanilla Latte, Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe and my Caramel Brulee Latte for some delicious coffee shop drinks made without having to leave your pajamas!
Love Starbucks snacks? Check out these other treats to go with your frappuccino:
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
- Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
- Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Better Than Starbucks Lemon Loaf at LilLuna
If you loved this Starbucks recipe, check out these other similar posts:
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1 cup cold brew coffee, or regular brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk, dairy or plant-based
- 5 chocolate sandwich cookies, like OREO's
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Whipped cream for topping
- To a blender, add the ice, coffee, milk, cookies, chocolate syrup and chocolate chips. Blend on medium-high speed for 45-60 seconds or until all the ice is well pureed and smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream, or my Homemade Cool Whip, if desired. Other garnished or toppings include chocolate syrup drizzle, cookie crumbles and/or chocolate chips. (All optional)
- Enjoy right away while cold.
This drink is best enjoyed when blended right away. It does not refrigerate or freeze well.
Skinny Recipe Option:
1 1/2 c. ice, 1 c. cold brew coffee, 3/4 c. zero sugar vanilla yogurt, 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 Tbsp. no sugar added chocolate chips (like Lily's) 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp. granular monk fruit sweetener, 2-3 OREO cookies, light whipped cream for topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cedilis 6 Pack Milkshake Glass with 6 Long Metal Spoons,Old Fashioned Soda Glasses, Fountain Classic Glass for Ice Cream, Clear, 12oz
Glass Cups with Lids and Straws Set of 4 Beer Can Glass with Lids and Straw Iced Coffee Glasses 16oz Can Shaped Glass Cups
Blendtec Designer 725 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) and Twister Jar (37 oz) BUNDLE - Professional-Grade Power - Self-Cleaning - 6 Pre-Programmed Cycles - 100-Speeds - Gunmetal/Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 medium drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 643Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 7gSugar: 70gProtein: 9g
This is the classic recipe made with whole milk, chocolate syrup, 5 Oreos, chocolate chips.