Easter Chick OREO Pops
These adorable Easter Chick OREO pops are the perfect treat for any Easter basket! Made with just 4 ingredients, these cute edible Easter OREO pops are perfect for celebrating spring!
Once the snow finally melts and we begin to see the first signs of spring, I get very excited for Easter! For me, we always celebrated Easter with a surprise Easter basket, followed by church and then a big Easter feast. As a child, Easter was just as great as Christmas knowing that when we woke up in the morning there would be a big basket of sweets waiting for us. These Easter Chick OREO Pops are perfect for adding to those Easter basket surprises!
Made with just four ingredients, these OREO pops couldn’t be easier to make! Using yellow candy melts, Golden Double-Stuffed OREO’s, mini chocolate chips for the eyes, and yellow & orange candy coated chocolate candies for the feet, wings and beak, these come together quickly and easily.
Before you begin melting the yellow candy melts, I recommend getting your other toppings ready to go. Cut the candies in half, and pour the mini chocolate chips into a small bowl and have all within close proximity. Have a piece of waxed paper on a baking sheet to place the OREO’s once you’ve dipped them in the coating. Once the OREO’s are dipped in the chocolate you’ll need to work somewhat quickly placing the eyes, beak, wings and feet before the candy coating sets.
Here’s the easy recipe:
- Golden Double Stuffed OREO cookies
- 1 (12 oz) package yellow candy melts (like Wilton brand)
- mini chocolate chips (2 per cookie)
- yellow and orange candy coated chocolate pieces
- Lollipop sticks
- Place a large piece of waxed paper on a flat surface or baking sheet. Place the candy decorations close by have the candy pieces cut in half so they are ready to go.
- In a microwave safe bowl, start by melting half of the yellow candy melts (according to package directions). Dip the end of one of the lollipop sticks in the melted yellow candy coating, and then insert into one of the OREO cookies. Repeat for as many as you want to make. Then submerge the cookie into the yellow candy coating, and place on the waxed paper. Place two mini chocolate chips for eyes, place a half orange candy for the beak, place two yellow half candy pieces for the wings, and two whole orange candies for the feet.
- Let the cookies set to completely cool and harden before removing from waxed paper. Wrap or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Sodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 28gSugar: 18g
I hope you get to surprise some special people in your life with these adorable Chicks. They’ve always brought smiles to the faces of anyone who is enjoying them! ~Erin