Can’t resist a Chick-fil-A cookies and cream milkshake? One of their most popular treats, this Chick-fil-A OREO milkshake recipe is great for blending at home. Just 5 ingredients are all you need to blend up this classic drive-thru treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Do you love a Chick-fil-A milkshake, but don’t feel like waiting in the drive-thru line? You can make a delicious copycat Cookies and Cream milkshake at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Made with class OREO sandwich cookies, this Chick-fil-A milkshake recipe will taste just like it’s fresh from the drive thru. With the addition of vanilla ice cream, milk, vanilla and sugar, this cookies and cream milkshake comes together in just minutes.
What do I need to make a cookies and cream milkshake?
- Vanilla ice cream – use a good quality, premium vanilla ice cream when making your milkshake. It will give you a delicious creamy consistency. Also, make sure it comes straight out of the freezer, and be very frozen. Letting it sit to melt will give you a less-thick milkshake.
- Cold milk – we used whole diary milk, however, feel free to use your milk of preference, either dairy or plant-based.
- OREO sandwich cookies – an American classic! These cookies are what give this milkshake such great flavor with a bit of crunch in every bite.
- Vanilla extract – adding a bit of vanilla will give your milkshake the flavor that it came from from the old-fashioned soda shop or the Chick-fil-A drive-thru.
- Sugar – you don’t need much, but adding a bit of sugar will have your milkshake taste just like Chick-fil-A’s.
- Toppings: whipped cream, maraschino cherries and if you prefer, additional crushed cookies and chocolate sauce will take your cookies and cream milkshake to the next level!
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make a cookies and cream milkshake?
To a blender, add the ice cream, milk, OREO cookies that have been broken into pieces, vanilla and sugar. Securely place the lid on top of the blender jar.
Blend for 30-45 seconds on medium speed until the ingredients are completely smooth and blended.
Pour into a glass and top with your preferred toppings. Enjoy right away while cold.
This is the Blender I use almost DAILY! Everything from smoothies, to cocktails, to waffle and muffin batter and even nut butter, this ultrapowerful blender creates an amazing puree every time. It’s very durable and made to last!
Ingredient Substitutions and Recommendations for a cookies and cream milkshake:
- Ice Cream – it is traditional to use vanilla ice cream for this milkshake, however, you can also use chocolate ice cream, cookies and cream ice cream, frozen yogurt or a non-dairy ice cream option.
- OREO’s – if you’re looking for a low-sugar option, there are sugar-free OREO options on Amazon. Rip Van Leo’s are a good sugar-free sandwich cookie option.
- Toppings – feel free to top your milkshake with whipped cream, or use my homemade Cool Whip option. Marischino cherries, chocolate sauce and additional broken cookies are all great milkshake toppings.
Frequently asked questions about Chick-fil-A cookies and cream milkshakes:
An OREO shake is made of vanilla ice cream, milk, OREO cookies, sugar and vanilla.
According to the Chick Fil A nutrition menu, the Chick-fil-A cookies and cream milkshake has 610 calories, 26 grams of fat and 84 grams of sugar.
Depending on the type of milkshake (they offer vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and cookies and cream), the sugar content ranges from 80-87 grams of sugar per milkshake. The vanilla milkshake has 80g, the cookies and cream milkshake has 84g, and the chocolate and strawberry have 87 grams of sugar.
To make your milkshake extra thick, make sure your ice cream comes straight from the freezer. Very cold, hard ice cream is ideal in making a thick shake.
Thin-out your milkshake by adding more milk. Start with 1/4 cup of milk and blend, and add more until you reach your desired milkshake thickness.
Love OREO’s? Check out some of our other OREO treats:
- No Bake OREO Cheesecake Bars
- Oreo Ice Cream Pie
- Lemon Oreo Icebox Pie
- Red Velvet OREO Poke Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cream Pie with OREO crust
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie with OREO crust
If you loved this milkshake recipe, check out some of our other copycat restaurant recipes:
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (VERY frozen)
- 1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 6 OREO sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- additional OREO cookies
- chocolate sauce
- To a blender, add the ice cream. Make sure it is very cold, and comes right out of the freezer. This will help ensure you have a thick milkshake. Also add the milk, cookies, sugar and vanilla.
- Secure the blender lid and blend for 30-45 seconds on medium speed. Texture should be thick and smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with your preferred toppings. Enjoy right away while cold.
For a thicker milkshake: add a 1/2 cup more ice cream and only 1/4 cup of milk. Again, make sure the ice cream is VERY cold, and hard - straight from the freezer. This will help ensure a thick shake.
For a thinner milkshake: add approximately 2/3 cup of milk and keep the ice cream amount (2 cups) the same. Blend. Add more milk until you reach your desired consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cedilis 6 Pack Milkshake Glass with 6 Long Metal Spoons,Old Fashioned Soda Glasses, Fountain Classic Glass for Ice Cream, Clear, 12oz
Rip Van LEOs - Cookies and Cream Sandwich Cookies - Keto Snack Cookies - Low Sugar & Low Carb Snack - Diabetic Snacks - 32 Keto Cookies (2 Packs of 6.77oz)
Blendtec Designer 725 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) and Twister Jar (37 oz) BUNDLE - Professional-Grade Power - Self-Cleaning - 6 Pre-Programmed Cycles - 100-Speeds - Gunmetal/Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 613Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 3gSugar: 67gProtein: 11g