The BEST No Bake OREO Cheesecake Recipe!
The ultimate dessert for anyone that loves OREO cookies! These no bake OREO cheesecake bars offer a thick OREO crust, creamy OREO cheesecake filling, and topped with a thick, delicious layer of chocolate. This no bake OREO cheesecake recipe is perfect for just about any occasion!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
One snack that is pretty much ALWAYS in our house is OREO cookies. My husband and son tend to go to these cookies whenever they have a hankering for a crunchy snack or a sweet treat.
I love using OREO’s in desserts, like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Bars, my Red Velvet OREO Poke Cake and my Lemon OREO Icebox Pie. Just like the rest of these desserts, these No Bake OREO Cheesecake Bars are a wonderfully simple, and completely delicious dessert for just about any occasion!
How these OREO cheesecake bars are made:
I started this dessert with a simple OREO crust. You can use regular or double-stuffed OREOS, as both make a fantastic crust. With my food processor, I crushed about 25 cookies, and then added melted butter.
From here I pressed this OREO-butter mixture into the bottom of a 9×9″ pan that I lined with aluminum foil. This is totally optional, but a good way to easily lift out the bars and cut into squares. You can do without the foil, and simply spray your 9×9″ pan with non-stick spray.
Next Step: The No Bake Cheesecake Filling:
On top of the crust, then comes the delicious no-bake OREO cheesecake filling. If you’ve ever made any type of no-bake cheesecake dessert, you’ll soon realize this is a really easy and delicious cheesecake-like filling that requires no baking. Fantastic, especially during the summer when turning on the oven is the last thing you want to do.
I’ve also used this same no-bake cheesecake filling for pies. My Lemon Raspberry Pie over at Real Housemoms is a perfect way to enjoy pie without having to turn on the oven!
Next Layer: The Chocolate & OREO Topping
I then top these OREO cheesecake bars with a yummy layer of chocolate and garnish with a half-slice of an OREO – what else, right?!
Not only is it the perfect garnish, but the cookies sit easily in the chocolate and are a great way to give a bit of a hint of what is to come on the inside of this amazing bar.
One bite of these fabulous OREO bars, and you’ll be hooked! These are fantastic for a potluck, a great dessert for a celebration or a yummy way to satisfy a sweet tooth!
If you loved this fantastic No Bake OREO Cheesecake recipe, check out my other no-bake cheesecake recipes:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Eggnog Cheesecake
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Love an amazing no bake recipe in Pie form? Be sure to check out these recipes:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Creamy Strawberry Pie
- Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
- Lemon OREO Icebox Pie
- Creamy Blueberry Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for my No Bake OREO Cheesecake:
- 25 OREO cookies (ore store brand), crushed
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 16 oz. (2, 8 oz. pkgs.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use my Homemade Cool Whip recipe)
- 1 c. broken OREO pieces (about 10 cookies)
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 8 OREO's, sliced in half
- Line a 9x9" square pan with aluminum foil, making sure foil is pressed into the bottom and sides securely. Set aside.
- Crush the 25 OREO cookies into crumbs with a food processor or blender. Add the melted butter, and pulse in the processor a few more times to combine. Pour the crumb mixture into the lined pan, and press firmly to the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and slightly fluffy. Add the vanilla and mix. Gradually add in the thawed whipped topping, or use my homemade Cool Whip recipe. Fold in the broken OREO cookie pieces, and mix together. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the crust, making sure to spread firmly and evenly into corners of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours, or until firmly set.
- To make the topping, add the chocolate chips into a bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a low simmer, and remove from heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips, and continually stir with a rubber scraper until all the chocolate chips have melted and become smooth. Let the chocolate cool slightly. Pour the slightly cooled chocolate over the top of the cream cheese layer, and spread evenly.
- Even place the 16 OREO cookie halves into the chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 30 more minutes or until chocolate is completely set and firm. Cut into 16 squares.
Storage: Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. Cheesecake will keep for 5-7 days refrigerated.
If you would prefer a more firm, crisp crust, bake the OREO cookie crust at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely before adding the cheesecake filling. (Yes, I realize this makes the dessert no longer "no-bake", however, a more firm crust will yield more uniform, square slices.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 9g