Smokey bacon, ham, red and green onions and plenty of cheese top this delicious thin crust pizza! The perfect dinner option for any night of the week!
Well, I don’t know about you, but we’ve had quite the winter! Multiple snow days for my son, (so many they are having to make up days on previously scheduled holidays!), lots of snow, and some treacherous, albeit, quite beautiful icy days. Here in the mid-atlantic part of the country, when the forcast calls for snow, even just a little bit, people get a little nuts! They storm the grocery stores packing their carts full of milk, bread, toilet paper and beer, planning for the worst.
Today we had another snow storm. This storm was easily the biggest of the season, and as far as snow fall is concerned, we got around 12″, which for around here is enough to shut the entire city down. It was the heavy, wet type of snow so it took my husband most of the morning to get our driveway dug out. You know its pretty bad when even he can’t make it to work! So, I have both of my boys home today. I decided it was a great day to make our own pizza!! The perfect comfort food on a snow day at home. I had all the supplies to make this amazingly delicious Thin Crust Smokehouse Pizza!
This pizza is really easy to make, and the flavors are unbeatable! I personally love a smokey, meaty pizza, and this one is perfect. It includes a fire-roasted sauce, and I also include some extra tomatoes and red onion for some great texture. I also use smoked ham and bacon for some delicious smokey meaty flavors. Here’s how the pizza comes together:
- 1 refrigerated thin pizza crust
- ½ c. prepared fire-roasted tomato pizza sauce
- ½ c. diced,fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ c. diced, smoked ham
- 4 strips of crisp bacon
- ¼ c. red onion slices
- ¾ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400. Roll out the refrigerated pizza crust on to a cookie sheet or pizza stone. Pre-bake approximately 5 minutes. (Follow the directions on the pizza crust that you choose.)
- On the pre-baked crust, spread the sauce evenly over the crust. Next add the tomatoes, ham, bacon, red onion and cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Take out of the oven and top with the sliced green onions. Slice and serve. Refrigerate any left-overs.
As you see from the recipe, this pizza is super easy to make. Its a great, kid friendly meal and will make everyone at your house happy to sit down for a nice meal. Perfect for lunch or dinner, this is great to enjoy with a nice side salad and a glass of milk!
As much fun as we’ve had with our snow days this winter, I’m more than ready for spring to arrive. I’m ready to say goodbye to shoveling snow, and hello to spring flowers and warmer days. Wishing you warmer days ahead, as well!