A pizza-lovers dream! Loaded with cheesy Alfredo sauce and topped with fresh, delicious tomatoes, onions, basil and savory bacon, this pizza is perfect for pizza night or for an easy dinner solution any night of the week!
Is it me, or do I have the only kid in America that doesn’t eat pizza? Isn’t pizza one of those foods that kids go crazy for? My husband and I love it, but our 6-year-old son would rather go without eating than grabbing a slice. Therefore, it has become a small mission of mine to create a pizza that my son will enjoy just as much as his parents.
I decided to make a pizza that uses an Alfredo sauce, instead of a red sauce (which is what he says he doesn’t like.) Topped with some seriously delicious toppings: cheese, bacon, red onion, grape tomatoes, and a bit of basil. The end result: a pizza that is absolutely spectacular!
The smokey bacon goes so perfectly with the Alfredo sauce. The onions and tomatoes also lend to the great flavors that come together on this pizza. Just after the pizza came out of the oven, I topped it with some fresh basil right out of my garden. This is optional, but it really adds some extra freshness and peppery flavor to this savory pizza.
This pizza uses a few pre-made ingredients, which helps make this meal extra-easy. Perfect for a weeknight meal, or anytime you’re in the mood for a savory, delicious pizza. I utilized a store-bought pizza crust, and left-over bacon from breakfast. Feel free to make your own, pizza crust – I know there are lots of recipes out there that are pretty simple and straightforward.
Here’s how this delicious pizza comes together:
- 1 pre-packaged thin-crust pizza crust (like Pillsbury)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. sliced red onion
- basil (optional)
- 3/4 c. Alfredo Sauce
- Following the directions on the pre-packaged pizza crust, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the Alfredo Sauce (see link for recipe below.)
- Prepare the crust. Following the pre-packaged crust directions, pre-bake the crust for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, and top with the Alfredo sauce. (If using pre-made Alfredo sauce, utilize 1/2-2/3c. of sauce.) Add the cheese, bacon, onions and tomatoes. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve promptly while hot.
Here is the recipe for my Easy Alfredo Sauce. I started making my own Alfredo Sauce several years ago, and never went back to the jarred, store-bought stuff again!
The verdict is in; my son ate the pizza!! He finished one piece with no complains to speak of. That’s saying something for a 6-year-old, lemme’ tell ya! I don’t know if he will eat it again, but I know that my husband and I will definitely enjoy it again sometime soon.
I feel like sometimes, as a parent and a cook, we have to think outside the box every once in a while. That means trying new things and going different directions with how we usually do things. I’m not saying that I had any huge parenting breakthroughs with the pizza, but we did reiterate that trying new things can be good. Shocking, I know! 😉 Ahhhh, baby steps. 😉
I hope you enjoy this pizza as much as I enjoyed making (and eating!!) it.