Comfort food at its best! With a delicious three-cheese sauce, big chunks of fresh lobster, and al dente pasta, this Lobster Mac and Cheese is the perfect dinner any night of the week!
We are big pasta eaters at our house! My husband LOVES any type of pasta, and my son is the biggest mac & cheese lover out there! I love pasta as well, so when it comes to dinner ideas, noodles are always at the top of my list!
A creamy, delicious three-cheese sauce makes this Lobster Mac & Cheese absolutely incredible! Gruyere, white cheddar and American cheeses melt together wonderfully, and coat the pasta and lobster giving you a creamy, flavorful dish.
Over the last several months, lobster has come down in price greatly. You can find it in most freezer sections of the grocery store, and can even get it pre-cooked, shelled and ready to use. You’ll likely pay a premium for the pre-shelled lobster, but it does save a fair amount of time in prep. On the other hand, you can usually get a good deal on lobster tails – simply cook, cool and remove from the shells before adding to the pasta.
Here’s the recipe for this fantastic Lobster Mac & Cheese:
- 12 oz. Cellantani (corkscrew pasta), elbow macaroni or other medium pasta
- 1½ c. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 c. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. white American cheese slices, chopped
- 1 (12 oz. can) evaporated milk
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 10-12 oz. cooked lobster, cut into chunks
- Fresh Thyme to garnish, if desired
- In a large pot filled with water, and generously salted, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce. To a large skillet over medium low heat, add the evaporated milk, Gruyere cheese, cheddar and american cheeses. Stir often as the cheeses begin to melt. In a small bowl, combine the dry mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg, and stir together to combine. Whisk in the spices to the cheese sauce. Add the lobster chunks to the cheese sauce to warm the meat.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add to the cheese sauce. Stir to combine and coat the pasta. Serve right away. Top with any addition cheeses or Thyme for garnish if desired.
I hope this recipe inspires you to enjoy Mac & Cheese in a new way. Step out of your comfort food, comfort zone and try this delicious dish!