The perfect lemon bundt cake recipe!
Looking for a lemon cake recipe from scratch? This super moist Lemon Bundt Cake recipe is perfect for just about any occasion! Wonderful as a dessert or great as a sweet Brunch treat. Top with whipped cream or serve with berries for an amazing slice of cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe from Scratch!
The second spring rolls around, I crave fresh lemon flavors! I love it with berries, with cream or frosted like this Lemon Bundt Cake recipe. Loaded with fresh lemon flavor, this cake has lemon juice, lemon zest, and is even made with lemon pudding. Super moist and delicious, this will be your new spring and summer go-to dessert.
What goes with lemon cake?
Lemon cake goes wonderfully with fresh berries or a dollop of fresh whipped cream or even my Lemon Mascarpone Cream. I’ve drizzled a fresh lemon frosting on the cake, and garnished with pretty strands of lemon rind – it’s a beautiful way to highlight the lemon flavors in the cake!
When should I serve lemon bundt cake recipe?
This cake is fantastic for dessert any time of year, but it’s especially wonderful for Easter or Mother’s Day brunch, or any time you’re looking for a delicious spring or summer treat!
What should I serve lemon cake with?
This lemon bundt cake recipe would go great with a cup of coffee or tea. These lemon cocktails would also pair perfectly with this lemon cake:
How do I get my lemon cake moist?
As you can see, this cake is incredibly moist! An ingredient that will help keep the cake moist is Greek yogurt. You can also substitute sour cream which will also keep the cake especially moist.
I’ve also glazed this cake with a simple lemon frosting, which is the perfect compliment to the flavors of the cake. Adding some bright yellow strands of lemon rind are the perfect way to top off this cake.
Here’s a grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this Lemon Bundt Cake recipe:
- All purpose flour
- Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- Vegetable Oil
- Plain Greek Yogurt
For the Frosting, you’ll need:
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Extract
(For exact recipe amounts of each ingredient, be sure to reference the full recipe below.)
If you loved this delicious Lemon Bundt Cake recipe, check out some of my other desserts:
Better Than Starbucks Lemon Loaf at LilLuna
Here’s the easy Lemon Cake Recipe from Scratch:
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg, instant Lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. butter, soft but not melted
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the eggs, butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts and lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix to combine. Add the oil and Greek yogurt and mix. Gradually add the dry ingredients a few spoonfuls at a time, and mix on low speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and crumb-free.
- Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Gently loosen the cake by running a knife around the sides of the pan, and invert on to a cake plate or serving dish. Let cool completely.
- Mix the frosting by creaming together the butter and powdered sugar, a 1/2 cup at a time. Gradually add the lemon juice and extract, and mix until creamy. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Slice and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.