Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Attention all chocolate and peanut butter lovers, this peanut butter ice cream cake is for you! Made with layers of brownie, peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter cups, and topped with a layer of chocolate peanut butter ganache, this Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake recipe will be your new favorite ice cream dessert!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
A few weeks ago I took a poll on my Instagram Stories asking you, my loyal readers, what ice cream treat I should make. My two ideas where an OREO Ice Cream Pie, and this Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake. I seriously had no remote idea how much ya’ll love your ice cream! Not only did the amount of responses completely blow me away, but the results tied up evenly, vote-for-vote. So, being the good food blogger that I am, I made both glorious ice cream desserts!
You can find that equally delicious OREO Ice Cream Pie here.
The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is a classic. Amazing in desserts, and even more incredible in ice cream! This Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake starts with a layer of brownie, then topped with a thick, delicious layer of peanut butter cup ice cream, and then covered with a decadent layer of chocolate peanut butter ganache. If that wasn’t enough chocolate and peanut butter for ya, each slice of this delicious ice cream cake is topped with a Reese’s peanut butter cup. You’re welcome!
Here are the simple steps to creating this delicious Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake.
Step 1: Bake the brownie
For this recipe, I use a simple box mix brownie. It’s easy and fool-proof. I bake the brownie in a 9×9″ pan, lined with aluminum foil, with extra hanging over the edges. This comes in handy later when you’re pulling the ice cream cake out of the pan.
Bake the brownie according to package directions. Let cool to room temperature.
Step 2: Make the no-churn ice cream
No churn ice cream is very simple to make. There is no ice cream maker needed, just heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and for this recipe, creamy peanut butter.
With a hand or stand mixer, begin whipping the cream on medium speed. You’ll whip the cream mixture for approximately 4 1/2 – 5 minutes, and no more. While testing this recipe, I made the mistake of mixing the cream for too long. The cream began to turn into butter, leaving little specks of butter in the ice cream mixture. The ice cream texture was ruined.
Important: Be sure to watch your cream. As soon as the cream begins to thicken, turn off your mixer – 4 1/2 to 5 minutes seems to be the sweet spot.
Step 3: Pour the ice cream over the brownie & add peanut butter cups
Once the cream mixture has thickened, you can then pour the ice cream over the top of the cooled brownie. Add the peanut butter cups to the top of the ice cream layer.
Then, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 4: Top with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache & Peanut Butter Cups
Once the ice cream is completely frozen, you can then top the dessert with the chocolate peanut butter ganache. This is simply made by melting together chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter. Pour this over the top of the frozen ice cream, and spread evenly. You’ll need to work somewhat quickly. Once the chocolate hits the cold ice cream it will begin to set-up and harden rather quickly.
This is an optional step, but for even more decadence I place a halved peanut butter cup in the center of each slice. You’ll need to have these peanut butter cups cut and ready to place before pouring on the chocolate ganache. Again, the chocolate will set-up rather quickly, so you’ll need to work quickly as well. This makes for a really pretty garnish, and a darn delicious one, too!
Step 5: Refreeze for an additional 30 minutes
Refreezing the ice cream for an additional 30 minute will help the chocolate set up, and make it easy to slice.
Step 6: Slice and Serve
Once you’re ready for this Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake, simply slice into squares and enjoy!
This yummy ice cream cake is fantastic for summer get-together’s, summer birthday parties, or any time you’re in the mood for chocolate and peanut butter. Enjoy!
If you loved this delicious Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake, check out some of my other chocolate and peanut butter recipes:
Here’s the simple recipe for my Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake:
- 1 (18.3 oz.) brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can, sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. mini-peanut butter cups, quartered
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 8 regular sized peanut butter cups, halved
- Line a 9x9" square pan with aluminum foil, making sure there is extra hanging over the edges. Prepare and bake brownie according to package directions. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Make the no-churn ice cream: In a mixing bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, cream, peanut butter and vanilla. Begin whipping the cream mixture on a medium/high speed for approximately 4 1/2 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to over-whip the cream. Cream mixture will begin to thicken. Pour ice cream mixture over cooled brownie. Top with the chopped peanut butter cups. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or over night.
- Once ice cream is frozen, prepare the chocolate peanut butter ganache by placing the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on 30 second increments, stopping to stir. Continue until melted and smooth. Pour over the top of the frozen ice cream, and spread evenly. Top each square with a halved peanut butter cup, if desired. Refreeze ice cream for another 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 16 squares
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1083Total Fat: 85gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 64gSugar: 38gProtein: 35g