The BEST No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars are a chocolate and peanut butter lovers dream! Made with an OREO crust, hot fudge, dreamy peanut butter mousse and topped with peanut butter chips, these no bake cheesecake bars are cool, creamy and completely delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When I was a kid, my dad managed our local grocery store in the town where I grew up. On Wednesday afternoons, I would go to the store where my dad a stack of their weekly sale flyers waiting for me. My job was to deliver the flyers to the small retirement apartments just a few blocks away.
Distributing the flyers to each apartment usually took me about an hour. I was to then return to the grocery store where I would collect my payment from Dad. Dad didn’t pay me in cash. Instead, we would walk up to the small candy section at the front of the store where I could choose any regular sized candy bar.
My choice was always a chocolate bar, which I would immediately take home, unwrap and dip into the peanut butter jar. From this very moment, my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter begins!
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, or follow my Facebook page, you’ll discover that I truly LOVE to share any recipe that involves chocolate and peanut butter.
Last month I posted my Peanut Butter Lovers Brownie Bars, and it appears, you guys love peanut butter and chocolate just as much as I do….I think we’re gonna be really great friends!! 😉
How these No Bake Cheesecake Bars Come Together:
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars are an amazing way to love that coveted chocolate and peanut butter combo. You’ll start with a OREO cookie crust, which is then topped with a nice layer of hot fudge.
From here, you’ll layer on a creamy, delicious layer of peanut butter mousse, and then top with chocolate and peanut butter chips. The creamy and crunchy textures here are incredible. I really love the addition of the chocolate and peanut butter chips on top, as it brings all the flavors together perfectly.
Other than the crust going into the oven for a few minutes to set, this dessert is no-bake, which is especially nice during the spring and summer. The cool mousse filling is fluffy and creamy, and a great treat to enjoy after a warm day.
When should I serve no bake cheesecake bars?
If you’re serving no bake cheesecake bars at a party, keep refrigerated until ready to serve. They can also be sliced in advance.
These bars are great to serve for cookouts, potlucks and picnics. It’s also simple enough for a casual dessert to enjoy right at home. My son and I enjoyed a slice together after baseball practice last night, which was a fantastic way to end the day.
What type of peanut butter should I use for these chocolate peanut butter cheesecake bars?
I recommend a good quality, creamy peanut butter. Steer clear of any peanut butters that contain canola, soy or vegetable oils. Creamy peanut butter tends to blend the best with the other ingredients and renders a fluffy, creamy mousse-like consistency. I wouldn’t recommend chunky peanut butter.
How long do no bake cheesecake bars last?
When kept refrigerated and covered or sealed in an air-tight container, no bake cheesecake bars will last up to one week.
What other cookies can I use for a crust in these chocolate peanut butter cheesecake bars?
If you don’t want to use OREO’s, Nutter Butters would make a great crust in these chocolate peanut butter cheesecake bars.
If you love no bake cheesecake bars, then you’ve gotta check these out:
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake OREO Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Covered Cherry No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter lover, then these recipes are for you:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Dipped Ritz Cracker Cookies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
Here’s how these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars come together:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
A chocolate and peanut butter lovers dream! With an OREO cookie crust, hot fudge, a thick layer of peanut butter mousse and topped with chocolate and peanut butter chips, these bars are cool, creamy and completely delicious!
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies (like OREOs)
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg., cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2/3 c. creamy peanut butter, good quality
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanut butter chips
- Lightly spray a 9x9" pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush the chocolate cookies. Add the melted butter, and pulse a few more times in the processor to combine. Pour the crumb mixture into the 9x9 pan, and press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate or freeze the crumbs, just to get the crust to set.
- To the cool crust, pour the hot fudge sauce and spread evenly. Refrigerate while you mix the filling.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, begin mixing the peanut butter filling. To a mixing bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until creamy. Add the peanut butter and mix until completely combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Slowly add in the milk, and mix until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Lastly, add in the thawed whipped topping, a few scoops at a time until combined. Mixture will be light and creamy. Spread onto the top of the hot fudge covered crust. Top with the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours for the filling to set. Slice into 16 square bars.
- Keep any leftovers refrigerated for up to one week.
You can also line the pan with aluminum foil, draping enough foil over the edges of the pan. This makes it easy to lift the entire dessert right out of the pan before cutting. Make sure that when you slice the bars, the foil stays on your cutting surface, and doesn't transfer along with the bar.
For a more firm crust, pre-bake the cookie crumb crust at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool before adding the hot fudge and peanut butter filling.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 16 squares
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 18gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
If you love chocolate and peanut butter just as much as I do, then you’ve gotta try these bars! They’re cool, creamy with the perfect amount of chocolate and peanut butter in each bite. Enjoy!~Erin
Speak Your Mind