The BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter lover, then these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies are for you! Just like Buckeye Brownies, these rich, fudgy brownies are layered with peanut butter filling, a chocolate peanut butter ganache and topped with lots of Peanut Butter M&M’s®!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Just like Buckeye Brownies but with Peanut Butter M&M’s!
Is chocolate and peanut butter your love language? If so, these chocolate peanut butter brownies are for you! Just like Buckeye Brownies, these peanut butter fudge stuffed brownies are topped with a peanut butter ganache and peanut butter M&M’s.
Making these buckeye brownies is quite simple, as the brownie base uses a simple brownie mix. The rest comes together with just a couple steps that uses only the microwave for the filling and ganache topping.
Here’s how these decadent, delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies come together:
Can I use a brownie mix to make chocolate peanut butter brownies?
Yes! You’ll start with a basic brownie mix baked in a 9 x 13″ pan lined with parchment paper. (Lining the pan with parchment paper is helpful, as it makes lifting the bars out of the pan, and cutting much easier.)
While the brownies are still warm, you’ll top with a delicious peanut butter filling. This comes together easily, and can be pressed right on top of the brownies with your hands.
What are Buckeye Brownies?
Buckeye brownies are simply brownies topped with a peanut butter fudge-like filling. They are wonderfully rich, sweet and decadent. Buckeyes are also know as chocolate-dipped peanut butter balls. These peanut butter balls resemble “buckeyes” in appearance.
What is in the peanut butter filling for buckeye brownies?
The peanut butter “buckeye” filling is made of creamy peanut butter, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar.
How do I make peanut butter chocolate ganache?
To make peanut butter chocolate ganache, you’ll need to melt chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter in the microwave.
Once you’ve melted the chocolate chips and peanut butter together it should be smooth. You’ll then pour this mixture over the top of the peanut butter filling. Top with lots of yummy M&M’s® Peanut Butter candies, for a colorful, delicious crunch that rounds out these brownies perfectly!
Can I make these chocolate peanut butter brownies in advance?
Yes, I recommend making these chocolate peanut butter brownies in advance. Make these brownies ahead of time, as the chocolate will need to set and refrigerate before cutting. Once cool, slicing these buckeye brownies is much easier. You’ll be able to make clean, uniform cuts.
Can I leave out the peanut butter M&M’s in this buckeye brownies recipe?
Yes. You can omit the M&M’s.
If you love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie recipe, check out some of these other delicious treats:
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars at Real Housemom’s
Here’s how these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies come together:
- [b]Brownie layer:[/b]
- 1 (18.3 oz.) Brownie Mix
- 1/4 c. water
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Peanut Butter layer:
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache layer:
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. + 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 c. M&M's® Peanut Butter Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13" pan with parchment paper, and lightly spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and eggs. Mix until smooth and lump-free. Spread into prepared pan, and bake at 350 for 24-26 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, mix the peanut butter filling by combining the melted butter and peanut butter. Stir until completely combined. Stir in the vanilla. Gradually mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Mixture will be thick and dough-like.
- Once brownies come out of the oven, let cool for about 10 minutes. While brownies are still warm, top the brownies with the peanut butter filling, and press with hands to cover completely.
- For the chocolate peanut butter ganache add the chocolate chips and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high power. Stir. Heat for another 20-30 seconds, or until all chocolate chips have melted. Pour the ganache over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle the M&M's® Peanut Butter Candies evenly on top of the ganache. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before cutting.
Yield: 20 bars
Serving: 1 2"x2" bar
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameNightIn #CollectiveBias