Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix – The Perfect Way to Mix in Summer Fun!
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All photos, ideas and opinions are 100% my own.
With summer in full swing, I’ve got the perfect sweet chex mix recipe to take along! This delicious Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix is made with chex mix muddy buddies and is the perfect treat to take to the pool, along for bike rides and at the basketball court.
Here’s what you need to make this Chex Mix Recipe:
Step 1: Stop at your local Walmart and pick up the NEW Peanut Butter Chex
- NEW Peanut Butter Chex cereal
- Powdered Sugar
- Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Cocktail Peanuts
- Mini Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Cups
Step 2: Mix together the Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
To create the Chex Mix Muddy Buddies, you’ll melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in the microwave. You’ll also add the powdered sugar and baking cocoa to a resealable plastic bag.
Step #3: Add the muddy buddies to the Peanut Butter Chex
Once the Chex Mix Muddy Buddies have cooled, you then add them to a large mixing bowl, along with more Peanut Butter Chex. You’ll also add the cocktail peanuts and mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups.
Step 4: Pack up the Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix and bring on all of your Summer adventures
I like to pack mini-containers of the Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix along with some water. It’s the perfect snack to take along for our summer activities and adventures. Going to the pool, riding bikes and heading to our community basketball court to play hoops.
Love chocolate and peanut butter snacks? Check out some of my other popular recipes:
- The BEST Monster Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- No Bake Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
Summers are limited with our kids. No matter how much work you have to do, no matter how long your chore list is, if your son or daughter asks you to play, say YES! There will always be work, there will always be a list of things to do, but time with our kids (especially when they are young) is limited. Let’s enjoy it!
Here’s the recipe for this delicious Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix:
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 c. Peanut Butter Chex cereal
- 1/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 c. cocktail peanuts
- 1 ½ c. mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups
- In 1-gallon resealable zip-top bag, mix together the powdered sugar and baking cocoa; set aside.
- In medium bowl, measure out 3 cups of the Peanut Butter Chex cereal; set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in 30-second increments. Stop to stir, and microwave another 15 seconds, if needed. Stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate covered cereal into the plastic bag with the powdered sugar mixture. Seal bag and shake well until the cereal is coated with the powdered sugar. Spread on to a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cooled, coated cereal with the remaining Peanut Butter Chex. Add in the cocktail peanuts and peanut butter cups. Enjoy right away. Store in an airtight container.
Additional ingredients: Try adding in candy-coated peanut butter pieces or substituting half of the Peanut Butter Chex with Chocolate Chex!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 12113Total Fat: 1000gSaturated Fat: 212gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 6958mgCarbohydrates: 571gSugar: 313gProtein: 429g
I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your summer with your kids, grand kids and other friends and family members making sweet summertime memories. I know I am cherishing every single activity that Harrison asks me to play. Happy Summer, everyone!