The perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert! These easy tarts are just like pumpkin pie, but when made in individual tart pans, they become the most beautiful dessert for your holiday meal! Topped with delicious vanilla bean whipped cream, your guests will be dazzled!
As far as I’m concerned, it’s not Thanksgiving or Christmas without pumpkin pie. It’s the perfect ending to the most amazing feast of the year, and the flavors are the quintessential flavors of the season. These Pumpkin Pie Tarts are the perfect little individual dessert that are sure to dazzle and impress your guests!
As pretty as these tarts are, you would never guess that they are super-easy to make! Using refrigerated store-bought pie crusts, these tarts come together quickly and easily. This recipe makes 5 (4.5″) tarts. They are big enough to split in half and share, but because they are so pretty and special, plan to serve each guest a single tart.
Pie is even more amazing with a cream topping. I decided to whip up (literally!) a batch of my Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream to top off these gorgeous desserts. The flavor is subtle, yet wonderfully complimentary to this delicious pumpkin tart. You’ll also discover that when you use the flavorful vanilla bean caviar (those black little specks that reside inside the bean), it will yield a fantastic flavor an a slight crunch, which is amazing!
Whipping up this whipped cream is very simple, and just takes a couple minutes. For best results, I discovered a long time ago, that when you start with a very cold bowl and whisk, you’ll end up with the perfect whipped cream consistency. Place your metal bowl and whisk in the freezer for about 15 minutes, and also make sure your cream is coming right out of the refrigerator to help ensure the perfect fluffy consistency.
Here’s how easy these beautiful tarts are to make!
- 1 package (pack of 2) refrigerated pie crusts, thawed to room temperature
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream:
- 1½ c. heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Caviar of 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the thawed pie crusts, and press into 5 (4.5" individual tart pans). If desired, use leaf pie crust cutters to cut out decorative leaf pie crusts. Place the prepared tart pans on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, milk, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, egg and salt. Pour this mixture into the prepared tart pans, filling at least ¾ full. Top the tarts with the decorative pie crust leaves. Place the entire baking sheet with the filled tarts into a 400 degree oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes. Tarts are done when filling appears set when gently moved. Let tarts cooled completely before topping with whipped cream.
- For Whipped Cream:
- With a hand or stand mixer, using a cold mixing bowl and whisk attachment, add the caviar of 1 vanilla bean (cut the vanilla bean lengthwise, in half and scrape out the inside with sharp knife). Add the the cold cream, sugar and vanilla as well. Whisk on high for about 60 seconds or until stiff peaks form. Don't over-whisk or whipped cream will become lumpy.
- Top tarts with a generous dollop of the whipped cream. Enjoy right away!
I hope your holidays are filled with amazing flavors to be enjoyed with your loved ones, family, and friends! Enjoy! ~Erin