Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
The perfect fall dessert! This Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a super simple, delicious pumpkin cake recipe perfect for any occasion. Similar to my Carrot Cake Sheet Cake, this pumpkin sheet cake is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner, Friendgiving or any get-together.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
When it comes to fall desserts, a great pumpkin cake recipe is always at the top of my list. Any type of cinnamon crumble, streusel or glaze is great, but a thick, delicious layer of cream cheese frosting is definitely my preference. Do you agree? If so, these Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting will be your new fall fave!
Here are the simple steps for making this delicious Pumpkin Sheet Cake:
Step 1: Mix the Batter and Spread into a 15x10x1″ Pan
The batter is made by mixing the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, and the mixed together gradually. I did this by hand, but feel free to use a hand or stand mixer to make the work go quicker.
Spread the batter evenly into a 15 x 10 x 1″ pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick baking spray. If your pan is a non-stick pan, feel free to eliminate this step. Bake at 350 degrees for 26-28 minutes. Just like any other cake, test by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean and crumb-free, the cake is done.
Step 2: Let cool and mix frosting
This delicious cream cheese frosting is nothing short of spectacular! PS – click here for How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting. With just a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, this frosting compliments these pumpkin bars perfectly.
Using a hand or stand mixer, start by creaming together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time, and add in the cinnamon at the end. For a slightly thicker frosting, simply add more powdered sugar.
How long can you keep a cake with cream cheese frosting?
This pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting will keep refrigerated for up to 7 days. Store the cake slices in an airtight container to keep the cake moist and fresh. When ready to re-serve, let cake & frosting come to room temperature.
Do you refrigerate pumpkin cake?
Yes. I recommend refrigerating any leftovers in an airtight container. This will keep the cake moist and the frosting set.
Here are some useful tools that will help you create this pumpkin cake recipe:
- 15 x 10 x 1″ Rimmed Baking Pan (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Cake Decorating Angled Icing Spatulas (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Kitchen-Aid 5 Qt. Stand Mixer (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Kitchen-Aid Hand Mixer (Amazon Affiliate Link)
If you love this delicious pumpkin cake recipe, check out some of my other similar recipes:
Be sure to check out some of my other sheet cake recipes:
Zucchini Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
Here’s the recipe for my Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 (15 oz.) can, pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 c. butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 15x10x1" pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk together until smooth.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Batter will be slightly thick. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 26-28 minutes. Text with a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake - if the toothpick comes out clean, and crumb-free the cake is done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. Begin adding the powdered sugar one cup at a time, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the cinnamon and mix well. Frosting should be thick.
- Once cake is completely cool, frost the top of the cake with the cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Slice into bars and serve right away. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 20 slices of cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 55gSugar: 43gProtein: 3g