Easy Apple Pie Tarts
Easy Individual Apple Pies perfect for your holiday dinner!
Looking for a fantastic dessert for your holiday dinner, but without all the work and fuss? These easy Apple Pie Tarts are an amazing option! Made with help from Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Rolled Pie Crusts, these individual apple pies take less time than traditional pie, yet still deliver amazing flavor and texture in every bite!
Here’s how these pretty, easy Apple Pie Tarts are made:
Make a trip to Sam’s Club for all your Thanksgiving Dinner ingredients
I stopped by my local Sam’s Club and picked up these Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts, Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour as well as Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls along with all of my other Thanksgiving necessities. I love using Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts anytime I’m making a pie or tart for a holiday dinner. It’s a big time-saver not having to mix, chill and roll out crusts – with Pillsbury™, you get an amazing tender, flaky crust every time!
Here’s a quick-reference shopping list for these individual apple pies:
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts – you can get a 6-Pack at Sam’s Club!
- Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour – also at Sam’s Club!
- Fresh apples: Honey Crisp, Granny Smith, Gala, Braeburn and Pink Lady are all great choices.
- Granular Sweetener (or granulated sugar)
How do I make individual apple pies?
- To make these easy individual apple pies, you’ll start with lightly flouring your work surface with the Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the crust into four quarters. This is the perfect size for a 4” tart pan
- Next, gently press the Pillsbury™ Pie Crust into the tart pans, forming the bottom and edges of each pan.
- With a second pie crust, cut ½” pie crust strips using the pizza cutter. These will form the top lattice crusts for the apple pie tarts.
- Alternating the pie crust strips in each direction, form the top lattice crusts, pressing the edges against the edge of the pan.
- Brush the tops of each apple pie tart with milk and lightly sprinkle with additional granulated sugar or sweetener.
Place the tarts on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. These beautiful tarts will come out of the oven perfectly baked and ready to be served for your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner!
Here’s the recipe for these beautiful Apple Pie Tarts:
- 2 Refrigerated Pillsbury™ Rolled Pie Crusts, room temperature
- 4-5 Medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ c. + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar or granulated sweetener
- ¼ c. Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour, divided
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly flour work surface with 2 Tbsp. of the flour. Roll out one of the Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts. Using a pizza cutter, cut into four equal quarters. Gently form each pie crust quarter into a 4” tart pan. Press into the bottoms and sides, trimming off any excess crust from the edges of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, top the sliced apples with 2 Tbsp. of flour along with the sugar (or sweetener), cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir together well to coat the apples.
- Divide the apple mixture into each prepared tart pan.
- Using the second Pillsbury™ Pie Crust, cut 1/2” strips. Top each tart with the strips of crust, alternating the strips in each direction, forming the crust strips to the edges of the tart pan to secure.
- Brush the tops of each tart with milk. Lightly sprinkle with sugar or sweetener.
- Place the tarts on a baking sheet and lightly tent the tarts with aluminum foil to prevent the crust from over-browning. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake the tarts for 15-20 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.
Recipe yields 4 tarts, each individual apple pie tart is one serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 4 tarts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 32gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g
I hope you enjoy this tasty recipe! Remember to stock up on all your Thanksgiving dinner ingredients at Sam’s Club!