Amazing Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
If you like chocolate and mint, you’ll LOVE these chocolate mint chip cookies! These chocolate mint cookies are super soft and fudgy, stuffed with a mint truffle chocolate, and are topped with mini chocolate chips. The ultimate mint chocolate treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies recipe!
Last week we celebrated our son Harrison’s 7th birthday! He’s such a sweet, loving, smart and funny little boy, and we’re so tremendously blessed to have him in our lives. When I asked Harrison what he would like to bring to school for a classroom treat he immediately said, “Something chocolate and mint!” This kid LOVES anything mint, and when you put it with chocolate, well…forget about it! I think I’ve passed my sweet-tooth on to my child. 😉
Here’s how you make these yummy Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
How do I make chocolate cookie dough?
When making these chocolate mint cookies, you’ll need to mix up this super fudgy chocolate cookie dough.
First, start by creaming together the wet ingredients:
- Granulated sugar
- Cream Cheese (yep! This is a secret ingredient to creating super-fudgy cookies!)
- Peppermint extract
Then, in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and gradually add to the wet.
- Cocoa powder
- Baking Powder
Lastly, for these Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies, you’ll stuff the center of each cookie with a mint truffle kiss, and roll the outside of the cookie ball in mini chocolate chips. You’ll need:
- Mint truffle kisses
- Mini chocolate chips
I can’t find Mint Truffle Kisses at my store. Where can I get them?
You can find these Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Mint Truffle Kisses here on Amazon.
Can I use mint chocolate chips or mint chips instead of the mint truffle kisses?
Yes, definitely! Instead of stuffing the cookies with a single mint truffle kiss, feel free to mix in mint chips directly to the batter.
How do I keep chocolate mint cookies moist?
The dough for these cookies stays ultra moist with the butter and cream cheese base. Also, make sure to NOT over-bake the cookies. The cookies will only need 10-12 minutes to bake.
How do I stuff these chocolate mint chip cookies?
To create these cookies, you’ll start with about a teaspoon of dough on the bottom. You’ll then create a dimple with your thumb where you place the chocolate truffle kiss.
Then add a tablespoon sized amount of dough on top of the truffle and seal it together.
I found it helpful to keep the flat side in the palm of my hand so you know where the bottom is. When the cookie is fully sealed, roll the top part of the cookie into the mini chips, and place on your baking sheet.
If you loved these delicious Chocolate Mint Cookies, check out some of my other sweet treats:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Ultimate Thin Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rolo Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia & Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Here’s the recipe for these amazing Chocolate Mint Cookies:
Double Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies
If you like chocolate and mint, you'll LOVE these! Super soft, fudgy cookies surround a mint truffle chocolate, and are topped with mini chocolate chips.
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. (1 brick) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 24 mint chocolate truffle candies
- 1 1/2 - 2 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with non-stick silicone mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar and cream together until fluffy. Add the eggs and peppermint extract and mix until combined. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet. Mix together until fully combined. Dough will be slightly stiff - you may have to mix the last of the dry ingredients by hand, and it may be too thick for the mixer.
- Add the mini chocolate chips to a bowl, and unwrap the mint chocolate truffles. In your hands, place a teaspoon sized amount of dough in your hand and shape it to the size of a quarter, placing a small dimple in the middle of the dough with your thumb, where you'll add a chocolate truffle. Then place a Tablespoon sized amount of dough on top of the truffle and seal it to the bottom piece of dough. Cookies will be about the size of a golf ball. Roll the top portion of the cookie into the mini chips. Place the cookies on the baking sheets at bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5967Total Fat: 211gSaturated Fat: 124gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 4073mgCarbohydrates: 983gSugar: 672gProtein: 127g
With just a few steps, you’ll have an amazing batch of cookies. The cookies are great warm out of the oven, and even better cool. When completely cool you’re able to see the mint chocolate in the middle – a nice minty little surprise!
My little guy had a fantastic 7th Birthday. The past seven years have gone far too fast for my liking, but if the next seven years are as fun, happy and joyful as these, then I will consider ourselves truly blessed. Cheers to my little mint-loving kid, and all of you that love mint and chocolate as much as my Harrison. 😉 Enjoy! ~Erin
Speak Your Mind