Craving a wonderfully refreshing fruity cocktail? My Easy Peach & Cherry Sangria is the perfect drink to mix for a party, shower or summer cookout. Just a few simple ingredients are needed for a pitcher of this fantastic summer libation!
I’ve decided I need to start a book club. Specifically, to have my girlfriends over to serve a giant pitcher of this fabulous drink. It is seriously my new favorite cocktail! I love adding fresh fruit to a bottle of Moscato or Prosecco, and during this time of year when fresh peaches and cherries are in season, it makes for the most wonderfully refreshing summer libation!
Making this sangria couldn’t be easier! You’ll start by slicing up a couple peaches, and pitting some fresh cherries. If you can’t find fresh at your local market or grocery store, feel free to use frozen fruit. This actually works well, as it keeps the sangria nicely chilled. Once you add the fruit to the pitcher, you’ll add some peach schnapps. The peach schnapps adds some extra kick to the wine, and really brings out the flavor of the fruit. If you’re serving the sangria for a party keep the fruit/schnapps chilled in the refrigerator until just before serving.
Just before serving the sangria, you’ll then pour an entire bottle of sparkling wine (Moscato or Prosecco, or other variety) over the fruit/schnapps mixture. It’s then ready to enjoy right away!
- 2 large, fresh peaches, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups, fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Peach Schnapps
- 1 bottle, sparkling wine (like Moscato or Prosecco), chilled
- In a large pitcher, add the peach slices and cherries. Pour the peach schnapps over the top of the fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made ahead, and chilled for up to four hours in advance.)
- When ready to serve, pour the entire bottle of sparkling wine over the top of the fruit mixture. Serve right away.
This pears wonderfully with your favorite brie, Gouda or other cheeses. It would also be fantastic served with my Cheese Grape & Pistachio Truffles. Cheers! ~Erin