I have to tell you, that I really love coffee. If it wouldn’t keep me up at night, I would drink it all day long! It’s one of my favorite parts of the morning – I walk over to my trusty Tassimo coffee maker and brew me up a nice cup of joe. However, when it gets hot like it did here yesterday (90 by noon!), I really love nothing more than an iced coffee.
Now don’t get me wrong, I delight in a great Starbucks iced latte like everyone else, but its not always great on my wallet. So, I’m gonna fill you in on how to make a fabulous tasting, and super easy iced coffee right at home.
A great tip to making iced coffee is using coffee ice cubes. Making coffee ice cubes is about as simple as it sounds. Pour some brewed coffee in an ice cube tray, and freeze. You can use regular ice, but I’ve found that when you freeze coffee, it doesn’t dilute your drink like regular ice does. I usually do this the night before so its ready in the morning. I will also brew my coffee for the actual drink the night before. Simply brew and put in the fridge.
Here’s how easy this Easy Iced Coffee comes together:
- 8 - 12 oz. Brewed Coffee, refrigerated
- Coffee Ice Cubes
- 1/2 oz. Flavored Syrup (sugar free or regular) my favorites are almond and vanilla
- 1/3 c. Milk or Half & Half
- Utilizing your coffee maker, brew your desired amount of coffee. Store in the refrigerator until completely cooled, preferably over night. Brew an additional amount of coffee and pour into an ice cube tray. Freeze.
- When ready to make your coffee, add the coffee ice cubes to your desired glass or to-go cup. Pour the cold coffee over the ice. Pour the syrup and milk over the coffee. Stir and enjoy.
I have to say that its really nice to not spend $2-4 every time I want a cold, delicious iced coffee. Its also nice not to stand in line, or spend time waiting in the drive-thru. And guess what? This Easy Iced Coffee tastes just as great, and you can still be in your pajamas! Ahhh, delightful! 😉
Cheers to cool summer mornings!