Served icy cold, this refreshing mojito cocktail is perfect on a hot day! Cantaloupe, honeydew, lime and mint make this drink amazing!! Fantastic for Cinco de Mayo, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I can hardly believe that the summer is coming to a close. Like every summer, it has flown by in a wink. However, its not to late to enjoy a nice, refreshing cocktail. In fact, I love to enjoy a good cocktail any month of the year, however, a mojito seems more “summery.” To enjoy the flavors of the summer even more, I’ve made a fantastic Melon & Mint Mojito.
Now that cantaloupes and honeydews melons are in their peak, I love picking up a couple during these hot summer days. Not only are these sweet melons great for snacking, they’re fantastic when you add them to a drink or cocktail! They’ve got such great flavor, and are wonderful when paired with the lime and mint.
Normally, when making a mojito, you would use a muddler to crush the mint and any other fruits that would go into the drink. (A muddler is a tool that looks like a thick, rounded stick or dowel used to crush ingredients that would go into a cocktail.)
Well, I don’t have a fancy cocktail muddler, so I used my trusty Ninja blender. I simply made a puree of both cantaloupe and honeydew, added the mint leaves, pulsed it a couple more times, and ended up with the perfect mojito puree!
Check out some of our other popular cocktail recipes:
- Mango Mojito
- Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- Strawberry Lime Margaritas
- Raspberry Margarita
- Blueberry Coconut Mojito
- How to Make a Skinny Margarita
- Coconut Margarita
- Mango Margarita
- Pineapple Margarita
- Watermelon Coconut Rum Punch
- Ginger Peach Moscow Mule
Here’s how this ultra-refreshing, delicious cocktail comes together:
- 1/2 c. honeydew melon
- 1/2 c. cantaloupe melon
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2oz. rum (I used Bacardi)
- 2 Tbsp. simple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lime
- club soda
- In a blender, pulse the honeydew and cantaloupe until roughly pureed. Add the mint leaves and pulse just until the leaves are broken up.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add some ice, melon puree, rum, simple syrup, and lime juice. Secure lid, and shake vigorously. In a glass, pour the mixture over ice and top with club soda. Add a few more mint leaves and a slice of lime for garnish if you prefer. Drink right away.
Note: Simple Syrup is made by dissolving equal parts water and sugar, and bringing to a simmer.
This is a fun drink to serve during a summer party, our outdoor cookout or BBQ. You and your friends will enjoy this drink, as its so completely refreshing and delicious!
Cheers to making the last few weeks of summer memorable and enjoyable!