I am lucky enough to live in the Mid-Atlantic part of the United States. This means we have quite possibly one of the best grocery store chains in the country – Wegmans! I’m not receiving any compensation or products from them to promote their store – I’m simply one happy customer that is in love with their fine establishment. Their deli is amazing, their cheese selection is rock-solid, and their bakery section knocks my socks off every time. I’m in love with these chocolate chip cookies they have, which are dipped in chocolate. I will easily spend $4-5 on 4 cookies. Crazy, I know – but they are eyes-rolling-in-the-back-of-your-head amazing!!
Wegmans also has peanut butter cookies that are out of this world, however, those are not chocolate-dipped. Tragedy, right? I made it my personal mission to make a Wegmans-worthy cookie, combining my two favorites. This is how my Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies came to be.
I ended up mixing in a few extra ingredients into one of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes. I’ve made these a number of times now, and they always turn out to be show-stoppers!! The chocolate chips inside the cookies are wonderfully complementary, and the chocolate on the outside brings it all together. Can ya tell I like peanut butter and chocolate? (When I was a kid I loved nothing more than to buy a Hershey’s bar and dip it right into the peanut butter jar.) 🙂
Here is how these lil’ beauties come together:
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- ⅔ c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. peanut butter chips
- 3 c. chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and peanut butter. Add vanilla and eggs, and mix to a creamy consistency. In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients, to the wet until all are combined. Stir in the peanut butter chips, and 1 c. of chocolate chips.
- With a ¼ measuring cup, scoop out six cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 13-16 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a couple minutes, and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the last 2 c. of chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted. Dip the cookies on one side each. Let dry on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
I really have to restrain myself with these. These are a larger cookie, and one is a treat in itself. These freeze well, and are great to share with friends, or keep on hand for an after-school snack. My son loves these, by the way! Enjoy with a big glass of milk or cup of coffee or tea. Take these in to work, and you’ll have people eating out of the palm of your hand. 🙂