Looking for a hot, delicious apple cider hot toddy? This Fireball Apple Cider is a wonderful drink for a cold evening. Made with fresh apple cider, orange juice, spices and topped off with a shot of Fireball, this Fireball hot toddy will be your new go-to warm up drink.
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As soon as the weather turns cool, are you looking for a delicious hot toddy to warm up? This Fireball apple cider hot toddy is the perfect drink for warming up on a cold evening.
Made with Fireball cinnamon whiskey, this apple cider hot toddy comes together with just a few ingredients. In this post I’ll show you exactly what you’ll need and how to make this delicious hot drink.
What do I need to make an apple cider hot toddy?
- Apple Cider – this is most often sold in the fall months. If apple cider is not available, you can also substitute apple juice.
- Orange juice – citrus is common in making hot toddies and hot cider recipes.
- Honey – great for sweetening the drink. (Can be left out if you’re watching calories and sugar.)
- Whole cinnamon sticks – excellent for flavor of the cider.
- Star anise – also adds a wonderful flavor and aroma to the cider.
- Whole cloves – great in adding flavor and aroma.
- Fireball cinnamon whiskey – there are other brands of cinnamon whiskey. Feel free to choose the best quality for your budget.
For exact ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the recipe. Thanks!
How do I make a hot toddy?
When making an apple cider hot toddy, the first step is to heat the cider. To the apple cider you’ll add orange juice, honey, a cinnamon stick, star anise and whole cloves. When heated together, the flavor will come together and become very fragrant.
Heat the cider to a low simmer, and not a high rolling boil. Simmer over medium low heat to allow the spices to flavor the cider.
While the cider is heating, add a shot of Fireball (or any other cinnamon whiskey) to the mugs. You don’t want to heat the whiskey along with the cider in the saucepan, as the alcohol will burn off.
Once the cider is done heating, ladle into the mugs with the whiskey. Top with additional cinnamon sticks, star anise and apple slices for garnish. Drink responsibly.
What goes with a Fireball hot toddy?
Here are some delicious desserts, treats and appetizers that would go great with a Fireball apple cider hot toddy:
Frequently asked questions about making an apple cider hot toddy:
Cinnamon whiskey like Fireball, as well as spiced rum, bourbon and brandy.
Apple cider is a great option, hard ciders like Angry Orchard or even a pumpkin ale.
Yes, apple cider is great served hot. To heat, add apple cider to a saucepan, along with honey, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and a star anise. Heat over medium low heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. This will create a wonderfully flavored hot apple cider.
Looking for other drinks and cocktails for the holidays? Check out these other recipes for drink inspiration:
- Tiramisu Cocktail
- Saint Nickarita Christmas Margarita
- Mint Chocolate Martini
- Spiked Eggnog
- Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- Caramel Brulee Latte
- Skinny Starbucks Eggnog Latte Recipe
If you loved this drink recipe, check out some of these other similar cocktail ideas:
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 oz. Fireball cinnamon whiskey (1 shot for each mug)
- Into two mugs, add 1 oz. shot each of the Fireball whiskey. Set mugs aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the apple cider, orange juice, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise. Cover and heat over medium low heat, bringing it to a low simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Ladle the cider into the mugs with the whiskey. Serve right away while hot.
- Optional garnishes and toppings: additional cinnamon sticks, apple slices, star anise or whipped cream.
Serving this drink for a party? You can create a large batch, and keep warm in a slow cooker. Make sure to keep the Fireball whiskey separate, and add when serving into mugs.
Looking for a stronger drink? You can double the Fireball, but adding 2 shots (2 oz.) to each drink.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 16gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g