Cereal treats brought to a whole new, fun and colorful level! Fruity pebble cereal treats are topped with a delicious marshmallow cream cheese frosting, and loads of sprinkles. These will bring a smile to everyone’s face!
What is it about sprinkles that just makes people happy? The colorful confetti-like appearance that reminds you of a party? Perhaps the candy-like sweetness and being pared with a delicious confection of some sort? When I made these colorful Funfetti Frosted Fruity Pebble Treats, it brought an immediate smile to my little boys’ face.
When I pulled the sprinkles out of the pantry to decorate the treats, my son was immediately by my side asking, “Can I help?” Knowing to never say no to a child asking to help in the kitchen, I immediately reaffirmed his interest by saying, “Absolutely!” I cut a few squares out of the pan, and let him go to work with creating some sprinkled fruity pebble treats of his own. As you can see from the photo, he was very proud of his end product – Christmas sprinkles and all! Harrison even wanted to have one of his toys get in on the action by posing him in one of the pictures. Everyone, meet Lego Hero Factory character “Breez”. 😉
No matter what age, these treats will bring a smile to anyone’s face. These sprinkle studded treats, are not only super-colorful, they’re also really easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Made just like rice krispie treats, the melted marshmallows and cereal give the treats a gooey, crunchy texture that can’t be beat. I’ve then topped the treats with a yummy marshmallow-cream cheese frosting that is completely amazing just by itself. (Don’t ask me how I know.) 😉
These smile inducing treats are fantastic, anytime you’re looking for an easy snack. They’re also perfect for a classroom treat, after-school snack, or a special lunchbox surprise. They would also make excellent bake-sale goodies, as no one can resist sprinkles!
As you can see, these Funfetti Frosted Fruity Pebble Treats, take breakfast cereal to a whole new level! You simply can’t beat how colorful and happy they look!
Here’s how these easy, delicious cereal treats come together:
- 6 c. Post Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini marshmallows
- Marshmallow-Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ c. butter, room temperature
- 1 block (8 oz.), cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 jar (7 oz.), marshmallow cream or marshmallow fluff
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sprinkles (your preference of type and quantity) I used Wilton Rainbow sprinkles
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. When completely melted, add the marshmallows and stir until all the marshmallows are coated in butter. Microwave marshmallows for about a minute, and stir until completely melted. Add the cereal to the melted marshmallow mixture and stir until the cereal is completed coated with the marshmallows. Press the mixture into the 9x13 pan. Set aside to cool.
- While cereal treats cool, mix the frosting. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the marshmallow cream, and continue to mix until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar a ½ cup at a time to the cream cheese mixture, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Lastly, add the vanilla and mix until combined. Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cooled cereal treats. Lastly add the sprinkles on top of the frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As you can see, these colorful, fun treats are easy to make. You’ll love the fact that as soon as anyone sets eyes on these beauties, a smile will immediately light up their face. I hope you get the chance to bring some funfetti-fruity happiness to your day!