Chocolate and strawberries just go together! These decadent cupcakes start with a super moist, delicious chocolate cake, studded with Ghirardelli Premium Baking Chips, and topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting and garnished with a beautiful Ghirardelli Valentine Impressions chocolate! Beautiful and delicious!
I have fond memories of Valentine’s Day, and most of these memories involve decadent treats, and delicious chocolates. In fact, chocolate and Valentine’s Day go together, much like chocolate and Ghirardelli. These cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for all of the sweethearts in your life!
Any time I’m baking with chocolate, I try to always reach for Ghirardelli Chocolate! The quality is superior, and the 60% Cacao Premium Chocolate Baking Chips will ensure the best taste and texture to any baked treat or decadent confection. I’ve used these baking chips in several other recipes including my Mint Hot Chocolate!
These Ghirardelli Valentine’s Day Impressions Chocolates are also the perfect topper to these double chocolate cupcakes. They not only taste amazing, but they’re the perfect gift to impress that someone special this Valentine’s Day, whether given alone or topped on a baked treat! Ghirardelli Valentine’s Day Impressions leverage the format of candy conversation hearts in premium chocolate with four different Valetine’s Day messages: “love,” “xoxo,” “sweet,” and “be mine” – the perfect candy dish filler or casual gift for your friends and family!
The cake inside these delicious cupcakes is amazing! It’s also really easy to bring together, as it starts off with a cake mix, along a few other goodies to it, making it super moist and delicious! The Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Premium Chocolate Baking Chips added to the batter, absolutely make the cupcake!! Not only is the extra addition of chocolate fabulous, but its perfect to bite into the cake and have chocolate chips in every bite!
The strawberry cream cheese frosting is wonderfully complimentary to the chocolate cake. It adds a level of creaminess and freshness that is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s how these fabulous Double Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes come together:
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 box (4 serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- For Frosting:
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) brick, cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 c. diced fresh strawberries
- 5-6 c. powdered sugar
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Valentine’s Impressions Chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners (24 cupcakes). Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, mix together the cake mix, milk, butter, eggs, sour cream, and pudding mix. Mix together until smooth. Batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate baking chips. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full, and bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- While the cupcakes cool, mix the frosting. First, cream together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy and smooth, begin adding the powdered sugar one cup at a time, and slowly add the strawberries. For a stiffer frosting, add more powdered sugar. Depending on how juicy the strawberries are, you may need to add more sugar.
- Frost the cupcakes, using a piping bag and a large, open tip. Top with a Ghirardelli Chocolate Valentine’s Impressions Chocolates. Enjoy!
This Valentine’s Day, I hope you and your sweethearts get to enjoy these delicious cupcakes. These cupcakes are great for classroom Valentine’s Day party treats, a great workplace treat or fun for you and your family to enjoy on Heart Day!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.