If you like the classic cookie, you’ll LOVE these Monster Cookie Bars! Loaded with all your cookie favorites – chocolate chips, M&M’s, peanut butter chips, these bars are super-moist, chewy and completely delicious!
When I was a kid, my grandma LaDene gave me my first monster cookie. From that first bite, I fell in love! It had all the things from all of my favorite cookies – M&M’s, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and oatmeal. The cookies were super-moist and chewy and they quickly became my new favorite!
Several years later, my grandma LaDene gave me that amazing Monster Cookie recipe. I’ve made them many, many times now for the next generation – my son, and his friends! I’ve made these for his football team, class celebrations and they’ve also become a big bake-sale hit! I’ve now turned that classic monster cookie recipe into these fabulous Monster Cookie Bars!
Just like grandma’s classic recipe, these bars are wonderfully chewy, and loaded with all of the classic monster cookie ingredients! Along with the big, semi-sweet chocolate chips and M&M candies, I’ve also added peanut butter chips to go with the amazing peanut butter and oatmeal batter.
These bars are super easy to make, and bake up in about 20 minutes. Once cooled, these bars slice easily and you can cut into squares or these fun triangles. These make fantastic after-school snacks and a great little treat to sneak into the kids lunchboxes.
Here’s the easy recipe for these amazing Monster Cookie Bars:
- ½ c. butter (1 stick)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1½ c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4½ c. oatmeal (old fashioned oats work the best)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. large, semi sweet chocolate chips (like Ghirardelli 60% chocolate baking chips)
- 1 c. mini M&M candies
- 1 c. peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15″ baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, eggs, sugars, peanut butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oatmeal, salt and baking soda. Gradually add the oatmeal mixture to the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips, M&M’s and peanut butter chips. Batter will be thick.
- Pour out the batter into the lined baking pan. Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and press evenly into the lined pan, making sure that the batter is evenly spread into the corners and sides.
- Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes. Don’t overbake. Let cool completely before cutting the bars. Enjoy!
I hope you’re able to these bars as much as my family and I have! Enjoy! ~Erin