Sugar Cookie Cake Perfect for 4th of July
Looking for the perfect 4th of July dessert? This Red White & Blue Sugar Cookie Cake is the perfect way to celebrate America! Made with Red White & Blue M&M candies and sprinkles, this sugar cookie cake recipe is a fantastic way to do 4th of July cookies!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Every year for the July 4th holiday, I begin preparations for hosting our annual neighborhood picnic. We get together with family and friends, enjoy great picnic food, play games and enjoy the wonderful summer weather.
This Red, White and Blue Sugar Cookie cake is the perfect dessert for our July 4th cookout! It’s easier to make than batch after batch of 4th of July cookies, as it’s made in one pan.
The process of making this 4th of July dessert is very simple and doesn’t take much time at all.
Here’s the simple steps to making this fun sugar cookie cake
Step 1: Mix the Sugar Cookie Dough and bake into a 10″ Tart Pan
First, you’ll start by making the sugar cookie dough. This dough is super simple, and comes together easily. Don’t forget to add your M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate candies. (I also use this dough recipe in my Funfetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars, and my Stars and Stripes Sugar Cookie Bars.)
Press the dough into a 10″ tart pan that has been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Bake for 26-29 minutes.
Pro-Tip: Don’t over-bake the cookie cake. I discovered the sweet spot for my oven to be 26 minutes to achieve a light golden brown.
Why is my cookie cake dry? Likely because it was baked for too long. For a 10″ cookie cake, bake for no more than 26-29 minutes until just golden brown.
Step 2: Frost and decorate the Sugar Cookie Cake
Once the big cookie comes out of the oven, be sure to let it cool completely to room temperature.
I decorated my cookie with buttercream frosting around the edges and in the center. To add even more patriotic flare, I added more M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate candies. This adds fantastic color, and the chocolate is a great complimentary flavor to the cookie. I also added a few more stars and stripes sprinkles for a fun decoration.
If you’re a frosting lover, be sure to check out my recipe for How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting. I use it on everything!
Step 3: Slice and Serve the Sugar Cookie Cake
When you slice this cookie cake, you’ll discover the delicious M&M’s® hidden inside. The red, white and blue colors come together wonderfully to create a fantastic dessert for your Memorial Day or July 4th celebration!
Sugar Cookie Cake FAQ’s:
How much does a sugar cookie cake feed?
This sugar cookie cake recipe feeds 12 people.
Should you refrigerate a cookie cake?
No, it is not necessary to refrigerate a cookie cake. It can be left out a room temperature.
How long does a cookie cake stay fresh?
This cookie cake will stay fresh for 3-4 days. Refrigerate if you would like it to last longer. You can also freeze the individual slices.
If you loved this sugar cookie cake, be sure to check out these other similar recipes:
Here’s the recipe for my easy, delicious Red White and Blue Sugar Cookie Cake
- [b]Cookie Dough:[/b]
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. red, white and blue sprinkles
- 3/4 c. M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate candies
- [b]For Frosting:[/b]
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk
- additional red, white and blue sprinkles
- additional M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10" tart pan with non-stick baking spray, and set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add the egg and yolk, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flower, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Dough will be thick and slightly stiff. Fold in the sprinkles and M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate candies to the dough. Mix until just combined.
- Evenly press the dough into the prepared tart pan. Bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting and decorating.
- For the frosting: With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter and vanilla. Gradually add in the powered sugar, one cup at a time, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add in milk 1 Tbsp at a time. Frosting should be a thick consistency. Pipe on the frosting (I used a Wilton 1M tip). Decorate the frosting and cookie with additional sprinkles and M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate candies.
This can be decorated with any color of M&M's and sprinkles. Great for any holiday or a birthday celebration.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 12 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 76gSugar: 54gProtein: 3g
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateWithM #CollectiveBias