Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars with a delicious fall twist! These Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are fantastic for fall bake sales, break room treats or anytime you’re looking for something sweet to go with your PSL. This Pumpkin Bars recipe will quickly become a new fall favorite with all your friends and family!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The BEST Pumpkin Bars Recipe!
Do you love sugar cookie bars, but not the tedious process of rolling out dough, and cutting multiple batches of cookies? This pumpkin bars recipe has all the amazing flavors of sugar cookies, but made in one pan, in one simple batch! These are absolutely perfect for fall – amazing with all of the cinnamon and pumpkin flavors!
Once September rolls around, I simply cannot get enough pumpkin spice treats! Today was the first cool day of the season, and it was the perfect time to bake up a batch of pumpkin bars. Last week I made some glorious White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte’s and now I have these fantastic sugar cookie treats to go with the class fall drink.
Some of my other Sugar Cookie Bar recipes:
Much like my Funfetti Sugar Cookie bars and Stars and Stripes Sugar Cookie Bars, it’s the perfect way to enjoy all the amazing flavors of sugar cookies without the tedious, time-consuming task of rolling out dough and cutting for multiple batches of cookies. These bars are made in one pan, and one batch. Simple AND delicious.
If you’re looking for a delicious sugar cookie recipe, my friend Allie at Baking a Moment has a wonderful recipe for Soft Chewy Sugar Cookies.
These treats are made even more amazing when pumpkin’d. Let’s face it, I think just about all treats are made even better when they’re pumpkin-ified!!
The ultimate pumpkin bars recipe!
To go with the chewy, delicious pumpkin sugar cookie bars, I topped these treats with a thick, delicious layer of cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Cream cheese frosting and pumpkin go perfectly together. I really love the addition of cinnamon to the frosting, as it brings these dessert together well.
Have you made cream cheese frosting before? It’s actually really simple. I’ve broken down the steps, and created a simple tutorial for making the perfect cream cheese frosting every time. Check out my post for How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting here.
When should I serve these pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting?
These bars are perfect for a fall festival bake sale, school event, work meeting, or any occasion where you could use a delicious autumn treat. I’m planning to make a double-batch of these awesome pumpkin cookie bars for my son’s school Fall Festival. Pumpkin treats are ALWAYS a hit at any bake sale!
Love cookie bars? Check out some of our other cookie bar recipes:
- M&M Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Funfetti Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Monster Cookie Bars
Here’s a quick-reference grocery list of the ingredients you need to make these amazing pumpkin cookie bars:
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree (canned is what I use)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
Be sure you reference the recipe card below for exact ingredient amounts, directions and baking time.
If you loved this pumpkin bars recipe, check out some of my other popular pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Bars with Pecan Crumble
- Velvety Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- Caramel Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Fall Favorite Pumpkin Bread
- Layered Pumpkin Dessert
Here’s the delicious recipe for my Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 3 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) pkg, cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13" cake pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- For the cookie dough: With a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients (about 1 cup at a time) to the wet ingredients, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Dough will be thick, like a brownie batter.
- Using a rubber scraper, press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 19-21 minutes until just golden brown. Do your best not to overcook, as the bars will become hard and overly dry if baked too long. (20 minutes seems to be the ideal time.) Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- For the Frosting: With a hand or stand mixer, cream the room temperature butter an cream cheese along with the vanilla. Gradually begin adding the powdered sugar one cup at a time, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add in the cinnamon as well. Spread the frosting over the cooled bars.
- For easy cutting, refrigerate the bars until just before cutting and serving.
The recipe makes 12 large bars. Feel free to cut these large bars in half to make 24 very satisfying servings.
Refrigerate any leftovers to let the frosting set. Will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 12 bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 99gSugar: 67gProtein: 5g
You’ll discover that these pumpkin sugar cookie bars are the perfect fall treat! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I have! ~Erin