The BEST Chocolate Covered Cashews Recipe!
This Chocolate Covered Cashews recipe are simply made with just 4 ingredients, making them the perfect quick and easy treat! These caramel cashews are fantastic for gifting, cookie exchanges, holiday parties or anytime you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!
An Amazing Caramel Cashews Recipe
I would venture to say that one of my all-time favorite sweet treats is caramel. When paired with chocolate and nuts, you can stop me in my tracks! I blame my love of this sweet treat on my father.
Not only does he have a fierce sweet tooth that he lovingly passed on to me, but Dad also loves caramel treats just as much as I do. I especially love a salty-sweet treat, and these Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters do not disappoint!
Here’s how these easy, 4-ingredient Chocolate Covered Cashews come together:
What type of cashews should I use for these caramel cashews?
You’ll start with simple salted cashews. I basically bought a package of jumbo salted cashews at Target. It was a perfect amount making about 24 clusters.
As you can see from the photo above, I started with about 5-6 cashews clustered together on a sheet of parchment paper. I didn’t roast these or do anything special – simply placed them on the paper.
Do I have to make caramel from scratch for these caramel cashews?
No. I used a simple package of caramel bits, and melted them in the microwave according to the package directions. I believe the package specifies adding 1 Tbsp. of water to the caramel bits and microwaving in 1 minute increments, stirring until smooth.
Once the caramel is smooth, using a simple spoon, drizzle approximately a tablespoon amount of caramel over the top of each cluster of cashews. This certainly does not have to be exact. In fact, most of your clusters will not look uniform – that’s okay. They will still taste remarkably delicious!
What chocolate should I use for these chocolate covered cashews?
I used good quality dark chocolate chips (about 67% cocoa), approximately 1 1/2 cups. Like the caramel, I melted these in the microwave according to package directions.
Stir until smooth and completely melted. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon worth of chocolate over the top of each caramel cluster.
Once you’ve drizzled each cluster with chocolate, top with a sprinkling of salt. To some, this may be a bit unorthodox, however, the salt truly brings out the amazing flavor in the chocolate. It pairs wonderfully with the caramel, and brings together all of the flavors in this remarkably simple treat.
Simply let the clusters set at room temperature to harden. If you’re in a hurry and need the clusters to set up quickly, slide the sheets of clusters (while still on the parchment paper) to baking sheets, and refrigerate. They will set up promptly in about 20-30 minutes.
These delicious caramel chocolate treats are perfect for gifting to friends and neighbors in pretty holiday packaging. They’re fantastic for Christmas cookie exchanges, and are always the first treat to disappear on a holiday cookie tray!
You’ll quickly discover that you’ll want to make these as a yummy snack well beyond the holidays. Now that you know how easy they are to make, simply whip up a batch anytime your sweet tooth beckons!
If you loved these Chocolate Covered Cashews, then check out some of my other treats:
- Penguin Cookies
- Rolo Reindeer Pretzels
- Slow Cooker Honey Roasted Mixed Nuts
- Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix – with cashews and made in the slow cooker!
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars
- Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe – drizzled with loads of caramel!
- Salted Caramel Apple Galette
Here’s the simple, easy and delicious Chocolate Covered Cashews recipe:
Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters
Salty and sweet come together for the most amazing gooey treat! These Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters are simply made with just four ingredients, making them the perfect Christmas candy! Fantastic for gifting, cookie exchanges, holiday parties or anytime you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 (11 oz) package, caramel bits or squares, melted
- 1 (9.5 oz.) package, salted whole jumbo cashews
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
- sea salt for sprinkling
- On a work surface lay out large pieces of waxed or parchment paper.
- Place clusters of approximately 5-6 jumbo cashews together, leaving a few inches in spacing.
- Melt caramel according to package directions in the microwave. Drizzle about 1 tbsp. of the melted caramel over the top of each cluster of cashews.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions in the microwave. Drizzle about 1 tbsp. of the melted chocolate over the top of each caramel cashew cluster.
- Sprinkle each cluster with a pinch of sea salt flakes.
- Let the clusters set and harden at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or refrigerate. Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Speak Your Mind