Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies
If you love candy corn, these Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies is the treat for you! Chewy, fudgy and loaded with your fall favorite candy, these candy corn cookies will be your new favorite Halloween cookie recipes!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
One of the BEST Halloween Cookie Recipes – Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies!
If you love candy corn, then these Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies are for you. These cookies are fantastic in Halloween goodie bags, classroom Halloween parties, bake sales and great as a treat for your Halloween party.
Simple to make, these double chocolate cookies are made extra fudgy with cream cheese in the dough!
Candy Corn Cookies: perfect for every candy corn lover!
Candy corn is one of those treats where you either love it or hate it. For me personally, I can’t get enough of the stuff! Plus, those yellow, orange and white kernels are just to pretty to resist. As soon as I saw the candy corn on the shelves last week, I grabbed a big package to make a batch of these scrumptious Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies!
How do I make chocolate cookies fudgy?
Much like my Double Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies, these cookies are uber soft and fudgy thanks to a dough made with cream cheese! That’s right, an 8 oz. package of cream cheese is added to the batter to make these cookies extra soft, fudgy and delicious!
I also use the extra big semi-sweet chocolate chips for these cookies. I’ve used mini chips as well as regular sized, but for this recipe, I thought the big guys would work well with the pretty candy corn kernels atop of these glorious cookies.
Pro-Tip: Don’t bake the candy corn. Place into the cookies AFTER baking.
One thing to note when baking up these beauties – leave adding the candy corn until after taking the cookies out of the oven. I tested these a few ways, and discovered that the candy corn holds up best when added to the tops of the hot cookies.
Baking the candy corn became a bit of a mess, as it will melt all over your baking sheets. The texture and flavor of the candy corn will then hold up much better if added at the end of the baking process.
The fudgy, delicious center of these cookies is amazing! Perfect for dunking in a big glass of milk!
If you love delicious Halloween Cookie recipes, check out some of my other Halloween treats:
Candy Corn Krispie Cake – fantastic for candy corn lovers and perfect for a Halloween party!
Chocolate Sugar Cookie Spiders
Candy Corn Snack Mix over at Bless This Mess, Please
Planning on hosting a Halloween bash? Check out these posts:
Spooktacular Halloween Party Foods
Halloween Buffet Ideas – including Chocolate Donut Spiders and Spider Web Guacamole Dip
Here’s how this delicious Halloween Cookie Recipes come together:
Double Chocolate Candy Corn Cookies
Soft, fudgy chocolate cookie dough paired with the fall classic candy corn come together for an incredibly moist, chewy cookie! Studded with big semi-sweet chocolate chips and topped with candy corn, these cookies will be a new favorite with everyone in your family! The perfect fall treat!
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. (1 brick) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with non-stick silicone mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar and cream together until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet. Mix together until fully combined. Dough will be slightly stiff - you may have to mix the last of the dry ingredients by hand, and it may be too thick for the mixer. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour.
- Using a cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, scoop out dough and then roll dough into balls with your hands. Place 12 cookies on a sheet, and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. When cookies come out of the oven, immediately place about 4-5 kernels of candy corn on each cookie. Let cookies cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack, to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Serving size: 2 cookies
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 36 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 24gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
These cookies are perfect for a fall bake sale treat, a fun fall festival, or anytime your wanting a treat that has some fun candy corn prettiness!
I hope you get to enjoy the flavors of fall! Enjoy! ~Erin
Speak Your Mind