Halloween Marshmallow Pops
These simple 3 ingredient Halloween Marshmallow Pops are the perfect treat for your Halloween party or Boo Basket. Made to look like a mummy, all you need are marshmallows, white candy melts and M&M’s to make these spooky Marshmallow Pops!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Mummy Marshmallow Pops with just 3 ingredients!
Making these fun, simple Halloween marshmallow pops are the perfect treat for your Halloween party buffet and great for a Halloween Boo basket. I’ll show you the simple steps and the supplies you’ll need to make these yummy marshmallow mummy pops!
I placed these marshmallow pops into a Boo basket – which is a fun way to get your friends and neighbors into the spirit of Halloween. A boo basket or bucket is a simple container filled with Halloween treats, candy and other spooky items for Halloween. It is left at the front door of your friend or neighbor, and then it is their turn to Boo someone else. So they will then create a Boo basket and leave it on another persons doorsep.
Last year, we had loads of fun BOO’ing our neighbors (check out our cute Pumpkin BOO Basket loaded with Halloween Candy Bark from last year) and we’re super excited to continue the fun Halloween tradition of BOO’ing our friends once again.
Here’s what you’ll need to create these easy, fun mummy marshmallow pops:
- M&M’s candies for the eyes
- Large Marshmallows
- White Candy melts
- Lollipop sticks or cardboard straws
- Cellophane treat bags to cover the marshmallow pops
Step 1 for How to Make Marshmallow Pops
We started by sorting the M&M’S® candies by color, which create the spooky mummy eyes. To secure the eyes to the marshmallow, simply dip a toothpick into the melted white candy melts, and dab a bit on to the backs of the M&M’S® candies. Place close together on the marshmallow, creating eyes.
For securing the straws or lollipop sticks; dip the end of the straw into the melted candy melt. Push the straw into the marshmallow about 1/3 of the way. Place on a rack or piece of waxed paper to let dry.
Step 2: Decorating the Marshmallow Pops into Mummies
The next steps is coating the marshmallows with the white candy coating to complete the look of the mummy. You can either use disposable candy coating bags, or simply use a resealable plastic bag.
Place the melted candy coating into the bag, and cut off the tip of the bag with scissors. Squeeze out the candy coating using long sweeping strokes over the marshmallows. Feel free to go over the tops and the bottoms of the eyes to make the mummies appear even more spooky!
Step 3 for How to Make Marshmallow Pops:
Let the marshmallow pops set for at least 30 minutes to allow the candy coating to set and harden.
Don’t place the decorated marshmallow pops into cellophane bags until the candy coating has cooled and set completely.
I then used a piece of Styrofoam to help secure the mummy pops. This will help them stand upright, and keeps the bag from toppling over.
Feel free to add extra Halloween candy, or other small toys or Halloween goodies to your Boo bag or basket.
Place as much candy as you want into the BOO bags. Not only will your friends and neighbors love the treat, they will really appreciate getting into the spirit of the season with such a fun, festive and thoughtful gift!
If you loved this fun Halloween treat, check out some of my other Halloween recipes:
Halloween Buffet Ideas that includes recipes for chocolate spider donuts and Spider web guacamole dip
Spooktacular Halloween Party Food Ideas – loads more recipes for every Halloween party
Here is the complete recipe for making the Mummy Marshmallow Pops:
- 12 Jumbo-Size Marshmallows
- 1 c. white candy melts
- 1/2 c. M&M's® Candies, separated into individual colors
- paper straws
- Start by sorting the M&M's® candies by individual colors. Placing each color into a small bowl is helpful.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip the tip of the paper straws into the melted candy coating, and insert into the end of the marshmallows. This will help the straws stay secure.
- Using a toothpick, place a small amount of the white candy coating on the bottom side of two similar color M&M's®, and place closely together on the marshmallow, making the mummies eyes.
- Place the remaining candy coating into a resealable plastic bag (or disposable candy piping bag), and cut off the tip/corner of the bag, making a small hole. Using long strokes, coat the marshmallows with strips of white coating, creating the look of the mummy.
- Let the marshmallows sit for at least 30 minutes to let the candy coating set. Place in clear treat bags, if desired, or enjoy right away.
This post was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOitForward #SweetSquad #CollectiveBias