The BEST Giant Cookie Cake Recipe
This giant cookie cake recipe has party written all over it! Made with lots of rainbow sprinkles, white and semi-sweet chocolate chips and topped with a delicious buttercream frosting, this giant chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for a birthday party or celebration!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The perfect giant chocolate chip cookie recipe for a birthday!
This giant cookie cake recipe is the perfect treat for celebrating a birthday, anniversary or just a fun get-together with friends. It comes together easily and is actually quicker than making a batch of chocolate chips cookies.
Made with lots of rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, this giant chocolate chip cookie recipe is baked in a tart pan. Decorated with whatever color of frosting you prefer, this cookie cake is perfect for a birthday party instead of cake!
Here’s the simple steps to making this delicious birthday cookie cake:
How do you make a giant cookie cake?
Just like you would do with a simple batch of cookie dough, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Next, combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until completely combined.
Lastly, fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles into the cookie dough.
What type of pan do I need for a giant chocolate chip cookie?
A 10″ tart pan sprayed with non-stick baking spray is what works best for this birthday cookie cake.
Why a tart pan? I’ve discovered from quite a bit of testing that the cookie bakes evenly and stays very uniform in this type of pan. I’ve had poor luck with pizza pans and round cake pans.
Using your hands, press the dough evenly into the pan, ensuring the cookie dough reaches the sides of the tart pan.
How long do I bake a giant chocolate chip cookie?
Place the giant cookie into the oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees. Bake for 26-30 minutes or until the top of the cookie is light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature while still in the pan.
While the cookie is cooling, mix together the buttercream frosting. You can tint the frosting any color you prefer – I chose pink.
You can also use cream cheese frosting. Need an amazing cream cheese frosting recipe? Check out my post for How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting.
How to decorate a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
Fill a piping bag (or disposable frosting bag) with the buttercream. I used a Wilton 1M tip, however, feel free to utilize any tip you prefer.
Make small circular rosettes on the edge of the cookie with one large rosette in the middle. Top the cookie with additional rainbow sprinkles.
Slice and Enjoy!
Once the giant chocolate chip cookie is cool and has been frosted, you can slice and enjoy! Not only does this taste just like a chocolate chip cookie, the sprinkles add a bit of extra color and the frosting makes it extra special – perfect for a celebration.
How long will a giant cookie cake last?
A giant cookie cake will last for 3 days if left out at room temperature. It will last up to 1 week refrigerated in an airtight container. If frozen, the cookie cake will last up to 2 months.
If you loved this delicious Giant Cookie Cake recipe, check out these other delicious recipes:
Here’s the easy directions for this Giant Cookie Cake recipe:
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. rainbow sprinkles, plus additional for topping
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c.(1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk
- Gel food coloring (color of your choosing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10" tart pan with non-stick baking spray, and set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add the egg and yolk, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flower, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stopping the mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Dough will be thick and slightly stiff. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles, semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Evenly press the dough into the prepared tart pan. Bake at 350 for 26-30 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature in the pan. Once cool, you can remove the outer ring and under portion of tart pan. Make sure cookie is completely cool before frosting and decorating.
- For the frosting: With a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter and vanilla. Gradually add in the powered sugar, one cup at a time, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add in milk 1 Tbsp at a time. Add in the food coloring of your choosing. For a deeper color, add more coloring. Frosting should be a thick consistency. Pipe on the frosting (I used a Wilton 1M tip). Decorate the frosting and cookie with additional rainbow sprinkles.
Cookie can be left out at room temperature for up to 3 days. Cookie can be refrigerated for up to a week, or frozen for up to 2 months. Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container to prevent drying.