Homemade Shrimp Summer Rolls
Fresh veggies, tender shrimp and rice noodles are all wrapped together in a spring roll wrapper for the most amazingly flavorful Asian inspired roll. These Shrimp Summer Rolls are the perfect healthy lunch option or great as a light dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Homemade Shrimp Summer Rolls – Great Light Lunch Option!
Do you ever find yourself in a lunchtime rut? If you’re like me and want to eat healthy, but have run out of ideas, or are just plain bored with the same-old, same-old, have no fear!!
‘ve come to the rescue with an awesome lunchtime (or light dinner!) option that’s perfect any day of the week. These fantastic Asian-inspired Shrimp Summer Rolls are a great way to eat healthy, and enjoy a delicious, flavorful lunch!
The recipe for these wonderfully flavorful Shrimp Summer Rolls came from Best Foods. They’re now offering this fabulous Organic Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise that has no eggs, cholesterol, or artificial colors or flavors.
This Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise is mixed in with the shrimp and the rice noodles to create a wonderfully creamy, base along with a bit of a spicy kick for these summer rolls. You can find this Organic Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise at your local Walmart.
What goes in Shrimp Summer Rolls?
Along with the shrimp and noodles, these summer rolls include fresh, crisp vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, onions and cilantro rolled together creating the perfect bite!
The spring roll wrappers hold everything together, and also create a beautiful, translucent way to see the colorful ingredients of the roll.
What shrimp should I use for shrimp summer rolls?
The best shrimp to buy for this recipe is frozen, raw shrimp. Better yet if you can also get peeled & deveined. I don’t recommend buying pre-cooked shrimp, as re-cooking them will make them hard and rubbery.
I’ve found the best place to buy frozen, raw shrimp is Costco. Check out my post for Things I Buy at Costco for Healthy Meals.
How many rolls does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 12 rolls, so with a little preparation, you can have these rolls ready to go in the fridge when lunchtime hits. Pack in individual containers, and you’ll have a fantastic grab-and-go lunch, perfect to take to work.
These are also great when your days get busy, and you want to have a healthy lunch or quick dinner option at the ready.
Could you use some other healthy lunch options to meal prep in advance? Check out these recipes:
Here are some other easy shrimp recipes perfect for dinner or meal prepping for lunch:
Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Here’s the easy recipe for these Shrimp Rolls:
Shrimp Summer Rolls
Fresh veggies, tender shrimp and rice noodles are all wrapped together in a spring roll wrapper for the most amazingly flavorful Asian inspired roll. Perfect for a tasty, delicious lunch or light dinner!
- 1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 8 oz. peeled and deveined large, raw shrimp
- 1 1/2 c. broken thin rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 2 c. cucumbers, cut into thin strips (about 2 small cucumbers)
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 c. green onions, sliced
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- [b]Dipping Sauce:[/b]
- 3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- For SUMMER ROLLS, heat 2 tablespoons Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp; cool, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Combine noodles with remaining 1/4 cup Mayonnaise in bowl. Combine cucumbers, cilantro, carrots and green onions in another bowl.
- Fill pie plate with water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, soak in water until pliable but not limp, about 30 seconds. Lift wrapper out of water and let excess water drip off; transfer to cutting board.
- Arrange some of the shrimp on lower third of wrapper; top with about 1/4 cup each noodles and vegetables. Fold bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold in ends and roll up like a burrito. Transfer to platter. Repeat to make 11 more rolls. Cover rolls with damp paper towels, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving. (Can be made 1 day ahead).
- For DIPPING SAUCE, combine ingredients in small bowl. Cut summer rolls in half and serve with Dipping Sauce.
For a delicious creamy dipping sauce with a kick, whisk in 3 tablespoons of Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise.
You can find this recipe for Shrimp Summer Rolls, along with many other fantastic recipes at Best Foods. They have more great lunchtime inspiration, along with great summer recipes perfect for your cookouts, picnics and potlucks!
This post was #sponsored by the good people at Lunchbox. All opinions and photos are 100% my own. #HealthierSideofMayo
Speak Your Mind