This easy slow cooker beef stew recipe is a delicious dinner option for any night of the week. Made with tender, delicious sirloin, along with big chunks of carrots, celery, potatoes and mushrooms its the ultimate comfort food!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As soon as the weather begins to cool off a bit, I get out my crock pot and cook up a big pot of my Slow Cooker Sirloin Beef Stew. My family and I love it, as it is a delicious, hearty meal in one bowl. I love making beef stew on a lazy Sunday afternoon and letting it simmer for hours. It fills my house with the warm aromas of autumn, and fills our bellies with a hearty, delicious meal.
How the recipe comes together
This recipe couldn’t be more simple to throw together, making it fantastic for busy weeknights when you want to come home to dinner that is done. Along with the vegetables, I used sirloin that came from Butcher Box. Butcher Box is grass-fed beef, organic chicken, & heritage breed pork delivered monthly, directly to your door. All of their products are free of antibiotics, GMO’s and hormones, so you know the meat is top-quality!
I received an all-beef shipment, but you can select any combination of meat that you would prefer. The meat we received from Butcher Box was top-notch! The beef was, lean and of very high quality! It comes frozen in a cooler that is shipped directly to your door.
I also love the fact that the meat is individually wrapped and sealed for ideal portion control. Thawing the meat is simple – I either add the wrapped and sealed meat to cool water in the sink, or thaw in the fridge if I have extra time.
Once the meat was thawed, I then browned the meat, and added all of the ingredients for the stew right into the slow cooker. This dinner doesn’t get much more simple, as once all of the ingredients are added, you’ll simply add the lid and let the slow cooker do the rest.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a fantastic weeknight dinner solution
This beef stew recipe is fantastic for busy nights. On evenings when we have baseball, this stew recipe is perfect to come home to after we’ve been out in the cold.
Not only is it ready when we walk through the door, but it is warm, comforting and filling – the perfect dinner after a long day!
This hearty soup has a simple seasoning, using fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. That’s it! No need for tons of extra ingredients or seasoning packets that are filled with mystery ingredients. The flavors of the meat and vegetables also add to this wonderful stew, giving it a fantastic depth of flavor.
Enjoy using your slow cooker for quick and easy dinners? Here are some of our other popular slow cooker dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Beef
- Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Loaded Crock Pot Chili
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Here’s a quick reference grocery list of the ingredients you’ll need to make this Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
- 1 lb. sirloin beef
- Olive Oil
- Beef Broth
- Russet Potatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Fresh Rosemary
- Garlic Salt
If you loved this fantastic beef stew recipe, here are a few more soup recipes that I know you’ll love:
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Chipotle Steak Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Steak & Mushroom Sandwiches
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Slow Cooker Sausage & Lentil Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Here’s the easy, delicious recipe for this fantastic Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
- 1 - 1.5 lbs. sirloin beef, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can, beef broth
- 2 c. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced (about 1 large onion)
- 1 c. carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 1 (8 oz.) container, sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- To a bowl, add the flour, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place the beef pieces in the flour mixture, and coat on all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the sirloin pieces on all sides. (Note: if you have a slow cooker with a browning setting, you can do this directly in the slow cooker.)
- Transfer the browned meat to the slow cooker. Add in the beef broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, rosemary and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set for 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low heat. The stew is done once the potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy right away.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
I hope you get to enjoy a warm, comforting bowl of this amazing stew this fall or winter! It really is comfort food at its best!