Amazing Black Forest Brownie Bites
The classic black forest cake turned into a brownie! These fudgy, delicious black forest brownies are topped with a luscious whipped cream cheese frosting, and a maraschino cherry. Careful with these Black Forest Brownie Bites, you may not be able to stop at one!
This post may contain affiliate links. Delightful E Made is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The perfect mini Black Forest Brownies recipe!
There is something with me and Sunday afternoons that wants to bake brownies. Sure, brownies are delicious in every day that ends in y, but for whatever reason, I seem to get an especially intense craving for chocolaty, delicious brownies mid-way through Sunday afternoon.
Yesterday, I decided to bake up a batch a bit different than the average chocolate treat – I went with these gorgeous Black Forest Brownie Bites!
What is in black forest brownies?
Much like the classic black forest cake, these mini-brownies are topped with a delicious whipped cream cheese frosting, chocolate shavings and topped with a maraschino cherry.
Hidden in the center of these fudgy treats is another cherry that keeps the brownie extra moist and delicious. These brownies may be mini, but every morsel is packed with flavor!
What do I need to make brownie bites?
These brownie bites are really easy to make! They start off with a simple box brownie mix, and baked in a mini muffin tin, with liners that help keep everything (including clean-up!) easy.
I definitely recommend the mini-muffin liners, as it makes removing them from the pan much easier than messing with non-stick spray and hoping they come out in one piece. They also look really pretty, too!
Do you love a good brownie recipe? Here are some of my other favorite brownie recipes:
Black Bean Brownies – a great healthier alternative!
What type of cherries should I use for black forest brownies?
This recipe calls for jarred, maraschino cherries. You will need ones without the stem (that go inside the brownie with the batter) and cherries WITH the stem to garnish on top of each brownie bite. Most grocery stores will typically carry jars of cherries with and without stems.
How long does it take to bake brownie bites?
Because of their smaller size, most brownie bites when baked in a mini-muffin tin only need 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Be careful to not over-bake. If you do, the brownies become hard and brittle.
What can I use instead of vegetable oil?
A great substitute for vegetable oil is unflavored or melted coconut oil. (I prefer the unflavored, liquid version.)
Here’s the fun and simple recipe for these delicious Black Forest Brownie Bites:
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) brownie mix
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 egg
- 24 maraschino cherries, without stem
- 1 (8 oz.) block, cream cheese
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. heaving whipping cream
- 24 maraschino cherries, WITH stems
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, oil, water and egg. Mix until the batter is fully incorporated. Using a scoop or small ladie, fill the mini muffin cups with the brownie batter, aproximately 3/4 full. When all cups are filled, add an un-stemmed cherry to the center of each brownie. Bake at 350 for 19-21 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting: In a hand or stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. With the mixer on a medium-high speed, slowly begin adding the whipping cream, and whip for about 2 minutes or when stiff peaks begin to form. Add the frosting to a piping bag, and decorate each brownie with a generous amount of frosting. Top with chocolate shavings and a stemmed maraschino cherry. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3639Total Fat: 202gSaturated Fat: 80gCholesterol: 403mgSodium: 964mgCarbohydrates: 448gSugar: 330gProtein: 58g
With the help of the mix, these brownie bites are quite easy to make. They’re wonderful for bake sales, classroom treats, and even a fun way to celebrate a birthday or special occasion. If you like these, then you’ll also love my Almond Coconut Brownie Bites or my German Chocolate Brownie Bites.
So the next time a chocolate craving hits, or in my case, Sunday afternoon, bake up a batch of these little chocolate treasures. I hope these brownies bring as much fun and joy to your and your family as they have to mine!