This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerTime #CollectiveBias
Your favorite breakfast cereal made into a fun, delicious snack bar! A fun, easy treat that comes together quickly, it will be a new favorite after-school snack and lunch box treat. Great to make with your kids, too!
Are you and your family getting ready to head back to school? Has school already started where you are? My son will not only be heading back in just a couple weeks, he will also be starting at a new school. We’re all really excited, but I know he’s feeling a bit nervous as well. I wanted to make something fun for him that I know he would love – maybe a fun lunchbox surprise, or a great after school snack. I came up with these awesome Crunch Berry Snack Bars!
Cap’n Crunch with Crunch Berries is on of Harrison’s favorite cereals, and it was definitely one of my favorites as a kid, as well. (Ahhh, who am I kidding? I still love it!) Now that Harrison will soon be going back to school, I’ve restocked our pantry with this yummy breakfast cereal favorite.
While restocking our Cap’n Crunch supply, I also picked up some value packs of our other Quaker Oats favorites, like Quaker Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars and Original Quaker Instant Oatmeal at my local Walmart. All of these are staples at our house!
My son (and all of his friends!) love Quaker Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars as a fun, quick snack. Even Harrison’s friends know where to find these goodies in our pantry! Everyone in our family loves Original Quaker Instant Oatmeal, as these instant packets make for the perfect quick, easy breakfast. With the school year fast approaching, these make for a great way for all of us to start our day!
To make these fun Crunch Berry Snack Bars, there are just a few simple steps.
When making these snack bars, they come together just like a simple cereal treat recipe. I mixed the yummy Cap’n Crunch with Crunch Berries with melted marshmallows, and then pressed into a 9×13″ pan. From here, I cut into strips, similar to the size of a granola bar, and then dipped the top into vanilla candiquik. When topped with sprinkles, these snack bars become irresistible!
You’ll need to let the bars set for about a half hour in order for the vanilla candy coating to set. Once set, you can wrap these individually for lunchbox treats or keep them in an airtight container. Save a big plate of these bars for an after school treat, and your kids will love you forever!
These are also really fun to make with your kids, too! The recipe is simple, and requires only the microwave to melt the marshmallows and the candy topping. Your kids will have so much fun with these! Buy the big box of Cap’n Crunch – handfuls will be snacked on while your making the treats, so it’s nice to have extra on hand. 🙂
- 8 c. Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries breakfast cereal
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 50 marshmallows (regular sized, not mini's)
- 1 pkg. Vanilla Candi Quik coating
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for about 45 seconds. Add the marshmallows, and coat with the melted butter. Melt for about 1 minute, 30 seconds, or until the marshmallows are fully melted. Stir. Add the Cap'n Crunch, and stir to coat the cereal evenly.
- Pour into a 9x13" pan, that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Press evenly into the pan. Let the bars cool and come to room temperature.
- When cooled, cut the bars into 16 long, granola bar sized bars. Melt the vanilla candi quik coating for about a minute in the microwave. (It works well to leave the candi quik in its original microwave tray.) Dip all the bars into the candi quik, and set on a piece of waxed paper. Sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles. Let set for about 30 minutes for the candi coating to harden. Enjoy!
With just 5 ingredients, these snack bars are the perfect way to get the school year off to a great start! Wishing you and your family a wonderful school year! Enjoy! ~Erin
Could you use some other fun, creative Quaker Oats recipes to get your school year off to a great start? Head over to Quaker Oats Pinterest Boards to see all of the great recipes ideas!